“Never again !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax

You added Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax to your Saves list
Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ainley Top | Junction 24 M62, Huddersfield HD3 3RH, England   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Huddersfield
“Never again !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for just one night on a business trip and was vastly unimpressed - the room was badly in need of updated and had a "mouldy" smell. There were rips on the wall paper and the walls in general had a "dusty" appearance. The carpet was clearly very old and it was not a comfortable feeling walking on it - as in you would question how clean it was !

The bed was exceptionally uncomfortable - you could clearly feel the springs in the bed and it was quite hard. The whole experience was much more 2 star rather than 4 star the Premier Inn standard is much higher.

The only interaction I had with staff were the receptionists - they were friendly and efficient.

I will be in the area on a weekly basis for numerous months to come - and there is no way that I would ever consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Annebllk,

We sincerely apologise that you were not satisfied with your visit to the hotel in terms of the the condition of the room that was allocated to you during your recent stay.

I am delighted to inform you that our redecoration work has now commenced in a number of our guest bedrooms and I would like to invite you back to the hotel to view the bedrooms once they have been completed. I am confident that once you have seen these you will change your mind about not staying with us again in the future. To arrange this, please contact the hotel directly and ask for myself.

Yours Faithfully,

Kirsti.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Chose the hotel for its location close to a party venue. It is very convenient also for the motorway. Used the bar and public areas, which were pleasant and spacious, but not the gym, function rooms or restaurant. Helpful staff but the hotel is let down by the tired decor in the bedrooms. Cleanliness acceptable. Bedroom was dreadfully overheated, which didn't make for a comfortable night, and turning off the radiator and sleeping with the windows open did not bring the temperature down noticeably.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Robin W,

We are delighted to read that you found the team helpful and our public areas of the hotel accommodating, we shall ensure that all of the team are made aware of your feedback.

We are delighted to advise that we are currently working on a redecoration programme, which will commence shortly and includes a number of newly decorated bedrooms and carpets, be sure to ask about the availability of these bedrooms upon your next stay.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Please like us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Worksop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

stayed last saturday night after priviously going to the fantastic wakefield hotel
in the same chain.
the staff at this hotel were just as friendly and effecient and we had a good
night,and if you want a short walk there is a nice pub just down the road
in answer to other people,yes the carpets are a bit threadbare and the outside
needs a coat of paint,but im sure these will be sorted out in time,as its the only
thing spoiling the place.
also we thought the breakfast was just as good as wakefield ( apart from the lack
of smoothies ).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear SEALINE-ANTARA,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we lived up to your expectations that our collegues in Wakefield set.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next stay with us.

Don't forget to like us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Kind Regards,

Halifax UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 9 year old son in April 2013. A few days after my stay I received an email from the hotel team asking me to review the hotel, so here goes. I was not happy with this hotel and I do not believe it is 4*. I booked my twin room online and was given was opposite the main bar, they had music playing rather lound and I didn't think my son could sleep so I asked for a change to the other side of the hotel. My request was dealt with promptly, I was given the room on the opposite side of the corridor. The room was peaceful and quiet, but this is when things started to go wrong. Having taken a shower we settled down to go to bed and as usual I closed the bathroom door, but instead of closing the door actually locked! I could not understand how this could have happended. I didn't touch the lock on the door at any point of my stay in the room and to manage to lock it from the outside sounded strange! I rang the reception adn they sent someone who used a coin like object to unlock the door. I said I could not understand how this could have happended and was told I was not the only one. Imagine though what it would be like if a young child got locked in the bathroom for any period of time and was unable to come out? Having had a good look around the room I noticed I was given a duplex room with a door leading to an adjacent room. The door was locked and this made me feel safe however at 1 am a couple came into the room next door and started talking very loudly, laughing and giggling. This woke me up. They were that loud that I could hear every word they said. At 2 am I decided to ring the main reception and ask them to speak to the couple to keep it quiet. I had enough of listening to detailed descriptions of what poses the lady needs to do when she is having her a photoshoot; where in the bathroom she is gong to leave her hair extensions and how grateful the genteman was that the lady could spend another night with him. I was disgusted listending to this and my son who was also wide awake by that time looked confused and scared. I do know that the receptionist took my complaint seriously because I could hear someone come to the door to speak to the people next door, however this did not stop them from continuing their conversation till 4-5 am!!! No wonder the genteman had a 'do not disturb' sign on his door the morning after and fake rose petals scattered outside his room. Upon my return home I decided to write to the hotel and ask for my money back. Although this was over a week ago I did not hear from them. I do not think the receptionist did right putting me up in one section of an already occupied duplex room as the door is obviously not as thick as the walls. As for the room, the carpet was ripped by the bed, the kettle so old it took 30 mins to boil some water; the iron was burnt and it didn't work at all. There were no toiletries in the bathroom and the cooked breakfast in the restaurant was more greasy than usual. In my opinion Premier Inn offers a lot better value for money and I stayed in quite a few of these - more modern fittings; bathrooms that only lock from the inside; kettle that works and soap and shower gel in the bathroom - and they are supposed to be a budget chain!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AnnaSW,

We sincerley apologise that you were not satisfied with your visit to the hotel in terms of the disturbance that you were caused and the condition of the room that was allocated to you during your stay. We do appreciate you taking the time share your experience and your valued comments will be used to make improvements within the hotel.

To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for Kirsti Wilkinson.

blackpool ,uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my employer for a week , The hotel is about 3miles from train station so a taxi is needed but if you go by car its not far from motorway and has good parking.Booking in was easy and curtious. My room was average hotel room dbl bed .wardrobe bathroom with shower and telly on the wall.it was clean and functional and i had no complaints , extra towels are in your wardrobe and your bed is changed frequently .only problem was the telly signal but im not a telly lover.i ate in the hotel five evenings once from the bar menu and the rest from the restraunt ,and i will say the food was real quality and really enjoyed it.Breakfast was a buffet style with fully cooked english or fruit , cereals etc available, very nice. The staff were great and very welcoming made me feel at home, its a four star hotel , maybe not in looks but definatley in feel. I would certainly come back .i never used the gym or pool .they looked small but well supervised .thanks cedar court.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear mrmonkfish65,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you really enjoyed the quality of food offered at both breakfast and dinner and also found that the team made you feel at home, we shall ensure that all of the team are made aware of your feedback. We have experienced a few technical issues with the television signals lately, however we are happy to report that this has now been resolved.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Please like us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip in march 2013. Located fairly close to the train station- only £7 in a taxi but that was the only great thing about it! Check in was an absolute nightmare. Incompetent staff couldn't be bothered to check properly at the booking on the system to see that there was a note on it to charge the rooms and food to the credit card it was booked with and instead tried to charge each of us on our own cards. Finally sorted it out and got a key to our rooms, one of which didn't work and when I eventually got into my room I received two calls from the staff to further clarify the booking. Room very basic and old, in need of renovation, especially for the price. Hotel restaurant was FREEZING. 4 little ant looking insects crawled across the table whilst we were having dinner. That topped off the less than favourable experience. Ill not be visiting again and neither will my colleagues!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear pindersonholiday,

We apologise for the disappointing service you received from our front office team. Our whole hotel team work hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We will ensure that further additional training is given within the team to ensure that similar experiences do not occur in the future.

We are happy to report back to you that following your experience our pest contractor was called out to visit the hotel.

A number of our bedrooms are being fully redecorated this year and work will commence soon, so we do hope that you will give us another chance when you are next in the area and looking for accommodation.

To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Kirsti Wilkinson.

Kind Regards,

Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

had a night away, will not be going again, steam room out of order, only one jet working in the pa bath, draught beer ran off, gas ran off. on the plus side rooms good and food good altough over priced

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
cedarcourtmanagement, Front Office Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the food. I am very sorry to read you couldn’t enjoy our Health Club to its full potential I shall of course liaise with the Leisure Manager to ensure repairs to the hot tub and steam room are carried out immediately. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Been to Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax? Share your experiences!