“I love Alexandra House” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Please note that we have moved premises - we're still open but in a wonderful new location. See our new listing, Alexandra House Holistic Health and Wellbeing Spa, Huddersfield
“I love Alexandra House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful spa. Im always made to feel very special when I visit which means I have become a loyal customer. The treatments are luxurious, there is always plenty of time to relax and unwind, and I always come away feeling rejunivated. Well worth a visit, then another, then another...

huddersfield
6 attraction reviews
“Wouldn't go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I struggled to find this spa and was 15 minutes late, this was taken off my massage time despite the expensive fees. The room was old and basic with dusty flowers in a bowl to look down on and my massage was more of a rub than a proper massage it was so light, and felt very rushed. I would never go again, conveyor beltstyle and not offered to relax or stay afterwards.

Visited January 2012
Alexstead, Owner at Alexandra House Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
HI, it's Maxine here, the owner of Alexandra House. I was concerned to see your review as we strive to give customers great service and treatments and time to relax. I'd be grateful if you could email me to let me know when you came to the spa so that I can look into what happened and I apologise that your experience was not as you hoped it would be. The email address is maxine@alexandrahouse.org.uk. Thank you
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Lovely day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went with my mum for a morning, it was so lovely! The staff were helpful and the atmosphere was brilliant. The massage was good too, mind!

Visited August 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“A place of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Alexandra House Spa is such a calm place to go, it makes you relax the moment you walk in the door! Maxine and her team are brilliant at looking after you and explaining about the treatments. I have been for several different treatments and would definately recommend it to anyone who wants to distress and take a bit of time out of the hectic day-to-day to recharge their batteries.

Visited October 2011
UK
3 attraction reviews
“Best spa in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the most amazing place. It's seriously the nicest spa I've been to and I class myself as something of an expert in that field! Alexandra House Spa is the sort of place you go to for the first time with a hint of hope that you'll relax, that the frown that's become a semi-permanent feature on your face will smooth out and that you'll come away a little less troubled by everyday stresses. When you've been once you'll realise that's the minimum you'll get from your visit. I tend to emerge from that quaint little building, slightly dazed and half-asleep, wondering what time it is, what day it is and where I'm heading.

The back massages are great but I love the holistic facial with hot stones. You'll feel like several pairs of hands are working away to ease your tensions and you'll be roused at the end of your treatment to find just one therapist (I recommend Natasha) in the room, leaving you imagining her as some type of alien from 'Men in Black'; completely human looking apart from the extra arms and hands. I usually avoid having my feet touched but I'm slowly overcoming this mini phobia by trying treatments such as reflexology and the foot ritual. I've actually dozed off during these treatments which is testament to the fantastic staff and the overwhelming feeling of relaxation at Alexandra House Spa which you have no choice but to give in to.

Visited July 2012