“Overcrowded, loud and poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Yorkshire
“Overcrowded, loud and poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Have eaten the buffet here before and had really liked it, but the service really let it down this time. They'd replaced the buffet (disappointingly - because that's why we went there) with more tables and had 2 very large and very noisy parties going on. I know that's not their fault, but if it hadn't been for the poor service, it would have been acceptable. The waitor forgot to bring my rice, but said he'd go get some. 10 minutes later my food was going cold and I still had no rice and there was no sign of any staff. I then decided to eat it as it was and other guests kindly gave me bits of their rice and naan etc. A very poor show. I'd booked to go here with a different group of friends the week after but after telling them how terrible the service had been, we decided to eat somewhere else....and found a really lovely Indian restaurant in Mirfield.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Sunday evening meal with freinds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Service slow , Starter Ok but mains poor as chicken did not taste nice at all and quite ropey. Buffet for my friends was OK but still not good

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
halifax, w. yorkshire, uk
“Over booking and under staffed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We were booked in for a party of almost 20. After waiting for over an hour finally got a table. Only after several other parties had decided to walk out because they were sick of waiting. When seated at table we sat for another 45min and nobody took order so I went to ask when they would be taking it and the VERY RUDE man taking the money just ignored me!!! Needless to say we all walked out!!!!! Will never go again. Nor will the rest of the party. Do they not think about bookings and staffing ratio, and whether everybody can be fitted in?!?!?!

Visited December 2013
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Disaster from the start!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We visited last night (13/12/13). The place was just in chaos!! they were very annoyed people leaving due to waiting over 2 hours for any kind of service. The bar staff were slack. They wasn't enough glasses. It took us over an hour to get seated, then we received no service at all!! There was a large number of very unhappy customers who were letting their feelings shown by confronting the staff but having no luck or reassurance, I think the person in charge was well out of his depth.
They had well over booked and were clearly unable to cope with the chaos. Eventually we gave in and walked out, by 10:30pm we still hadn't had anything....not even as much as poppadom!
I will not be visiting again and i'm sure i will not be the only one who feels that way!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Another excellent meal on a busy saturday night
Friendly staff
will return next time in Huddersfield