“A Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nettleton Hill Road/Scapegoat Hill, Huddersfield HD7 4NH, England (Formerly The Pennine Manor Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is about as remote as it gets, on the tops of the Pennines, but actually not that far from the motorway for easy access.
Friendly staff, very good food, good decoration, clean and welcoming.
I stayed in an executive room as a special offer, but having stayed in the hotel before I have to say the difference is marginal to a "normal" room. Both were well furnished, warm and comfortable.
Would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: As far as I can see there is not much in it, but some may have a better view, which to the north is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rsdeckers, Owner at BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Pennine Manor and I am delighted to hear that your meals were very good, our team were friendly and welcoming and that your room was well furnished, warm and comfortable. I have passed your kind comments to Bev and her team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here overnight as attending a wedding ceremony and reception. Great location with stunning views. Staff were friendly and hard working. Took extra effort to have as many rooms as possible ready early to allow accesss to prepare for ceremony at 1400. Rooms clean and comfortable. Meals enjoyable, pleasantly served. As we were leaving in the morning the next wedding party were arriving, signalling another busy day for the staff,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Pennine Manor Hotel and I am delighted to hear that our team were friendly and hard-working and that your meals were enjoyable. We are lucky with the picturesque views that we have, beautiful in summer and can get very dramatic in winter!

It's great to hear that a good time was had by all the guests. I have passed your kind comments to Bev and her team and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was invited to the evening part of a wedding celebration here and I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the staff who clearly went out of their way to make it a celebration to remember for the bride and groom. The room was delightful and tastefully decorated but it was the attitude of the staff which made it all the more memorable. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
rsdeckers, Owner at BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Pennine Manor and I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with our team at a recent wedding celebration and it is great to hear that it was a celebration to remember for the Bride & Groom.

I have passed your kind comments to Bev and her team and I hope we can welcome you to Pennine Manor again soon.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thanks to Richard and all the staff at the Pennine Hotel, they looked after us wonderfully as well as 2 other wedding parties. The rooms were great the beds were all very comfy after a day on the motorbikes. We enjoyed the bundle package which included hotel, breakfast & a 3 coarse A La Carte menu.Richard our host in the evening and his staff could not have given a warmer welcome & service the a la carte menu was great for choice value and flavour. Well done to all the staff a great evening good value for money and outstanding food.

Room Tip: 3 couples 3 different rooms all great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
rsdeckers, Owner at BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Pennine Manor and I am delighted to hear that you were looked after so well by Richard and the team and that you took advantage of our excellent value Sleep & Dine offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found the beds very comfy and that the food was outstanding. I have passed on your kind comments to Bev and her team, especially Richard and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

A marvellous location, with splendid views towards Halifax and across the Pennines from my room. It's a pity that there is a vast expanse of tarmac car park in the foreground, but on the plus side there is plenty of parking space! The room and corridors were a bit gloomy, with heavy, dark wooden furnishings, many of which had seen better days. The whole place felt like it needed a good refurbishment. But the staff were excellent - every one I met was helpful and friendly. It's nice that the hotel seems to employ a lot of local staff, judging by the accents I heard. The room provided a comfortable night's sleep and breakfast was very good. All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
rsdeckers, Owner at BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Pennine Manor and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are lucky with the magnificent views at Pennine Manor, beautiful in summer and dramatic in winter! I have noted your comments regarding the heavy wooden furniture. All rooms have been recently re-decorated and as the decor is traditional Yorkshire country, this does have a traditional feel to it.

The majority of our team are from the local area and I am pleased to hear that they were helpful and friendly. I have passed your kind comments on to Bev and her team and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I attend a monthly meeting at The Pennine Manor and think that it is one of the best hotels in Huddersfield. I have only eaten a couple of times recently after my meeting and have to say the food was tremendous. The service from all the staff is always polite and friendly. They make you feel very welcome. And added to this are the fabulous views you can take in as you look outside.
On one occasion a few years ago I took my staff out for a Christmas meal here and that too was very good, except for the usual (far too loud) DJ which in my opinion was not required.
As with most hotels I visit, I do find that the drinks are rather expensive but this I guess is to be expected. Overall I think you would have to go a long way to find another hotel like this in the local area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rsdeckers, Owner at BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Pennine Manor and I am delighted to hear the hotel described as one of the best in Huddersfield and that the food is always tremendous and that our team are polite and friendly and make you feel welcome.

We are incredibly lucky in having such excellent views from the hotel, both in summer and winter and hope the weather was kind enough for the views to be enjoyed.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have just had the most enjoyable evening and overnight stay at The Pennine Manor. Right from the moment we arrived, we were greeted by freindly and helpful Reception staff. Our room was immaculate and had everything we needed to have the break we needed. The evening entertainment was brilliant . It was a boogie night with Ambassadors Tribute Band performing and everyone joined in and the band really knew how to give us all an excellent evening.The bar staff and Duty Manager 'Jordan' made sure we had everything we needed and all the staff were helpful and cheerful. Back to our room and slept like a log as the bed was so comfy. The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings and even though we were only half hour from home we felt really spoilt and pampered. The breakfast again was perfect. A buffet style, and if we needed anything the staff were happy to help us. We are definately planning our next stay quite soon.

Room Tip: Didn,t see any others but our room was perfect with lovely views and I don,t think any of the rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review The Pennine Manor Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable evening and overnight stay for our recent Boogie Night. These evenings are proving very popular, both with guests and our team and I am pleased that the Ambassadors Tribute Band also helped to provide a great evening and that our team were helpful and cheerful.

We are lucky with the magnificent views at Pennine Manor, beautiful in summer and dramatic in winter! I have passed your kind comments to Bev and her team, especially Jordan and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!