“A stay here is a rare treat but a good one!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Titanic Spa Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
You added Titanic Spa Apartments to your Saves list
Low Westwood Lane, Huddersfield, England   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Huddersfield
Darwen, United Kingdom
“A stay here is a rare treat but a good one!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Titanic was recommended by my best friend, who had stayed a couple of years ago. Myself and my husband booked a special offer the 'january revivers' which was £109 each for overnight stay, lunch, dinner and breakfast, use of gym and the pool, use of the heat and ice experience and a 55mins treatment valued in the brochure for £80. We booked it as im really ill at the minute waiting for an operation and needed cheering up and a bit of relaxation. Its certainly not something we can afford every month but the deal we got was very good value indeed. We were really impressed by how helpful and polite the staff were. Everywhere was super squeaky clean and very relaxed environment. The pool was nice and quiet so loads of room to swim a bit chilly after a while though and the jacuzzi is only the same temp as the pool :( which is a bit too cold. The heat and ice experience is fantastic, really good fun and very private which we were surprised by (we had no more than 2 to 3 people in a steam room with us at any one time and for a good hour had the whole place to ourselves which was ace)! The plunge pool was the hubby's favourite (strangely) I loved the steam rooms although one of them think it was the aromatherapy room smelled rather unpleasant. We had a small complaint re one of the saunas where it became faulty but our complaint was dealt with very quickly and professionally and we received a discount voucher for future visit for our troubles. There are racks of clean towels everywhere for swapping as and when you want. Customer service was top notch at all times. We really enjoyed our Elemis body and face sensation, it was so relaxing and calming and the facial part of the treatment has worked wonders on my complexion, I'm really pleased with it. The young lady who did my treatmentwas a lovely girl, really friendly and made me feel relaxed and did a super job.The lunch was really nice, very healthy foods, although no drinks are included in the price we paid so we paid 2.95 each for a fruit smoothie. Dinner again was great although had to pay for our drinks again but it was good we even paid the extra for my hubby to have an extra course as he saw the choices of desserts and couldnt resist. Waiter service was good, very nice people. Our room was a fantastic 2 bedroomed, 2 bathroomed palace....it was huge!! We walked around for 10 mins in amazement at it. The decoration looked rather new, the furniture was plush and the bed was without doubt the comfiest I've ever slept on! :) you are provided with lots of coffee, tea, sugar and milk and yummy biscuits and the kitchen is fantastic with dishwasher. The bathrooms were really nice and clean. it's a shame the check out time is 10am that's a down point as I felt I could have stayed more relaxed if i Could have checked out at say 12pm even if it meant I didn't get my room keys til say 5pm on arrival rather than 2pm, I'd prefer the extra time to relax the day after. Overall it was really good and such a relaxing day/night, it looked beautiful outside with the snow, it's a shame it is quite pricey ordinarily but ill certainly be looking out for a deal like this again as it really is very good value for money when you get a decently priced deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

For a quick recharge of batteries, Titanic Spa ticks the boxes. Treatments can be expensive but if you sign up for special offers there are some good ones to be had. For overnight breaks you can arrive at 10.30 onwards and you are told to bring a bag with your spa things in it. You are given a timetable on arrival. Suitcase is left at check in and is in your room when you access it, after 2.00p.m. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Spa is pleasant and treatments are excellent. Spa staff friendly but do tend to push the products as I believe they are on commision. Food is very good. There is no bar area to sit and have a drink but we tend to have a meal and then retreat to our appartment for a drink and to watch a DVD. The appartments are clean and spacious. Only fault was that there were 3 of us and only one key which does make logistics a little difficult as the key is needed to get onto the floor where the appartment is. Most impressed by the housekeeping department who found my husband's T shirt. They rang to check it was ours and posted it out immediately with no charge.

Good place for a break, particularly if you get a good offer.

Room Tip: All appartments are split level and have lots of space and good facilities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Came yestoday With my mum for the day , really enjoyed it only things I would say is pool wasn't warm enuff , no proper jacuzzi , and at lunch tables far too close together that I felt I was involved with the couples convo at side of us, staff very helpfully heat experience fab need to try over night stay next time !!!

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Visited this spa based on recommendation and was not disappointed. The spa in itself was all I expected: high standard of treatment given in a modern and relaxing environment. Everything clean, call staff super efficient and polite and all boxes ticked. What amazed me however was the apartment I stayed in. It was a very last minute decision to stay and upon enquiry, I was told they had availability and my room would be ready within 10 mins (I was still in my spa dressing gown at this stage and had not planned to stop over). Check in was fast, smooth and flawless. The room I was given was a split level apartment (2nd floor) and I would have happily moved in! Large, spacious, sleeps 4 people, separate living room, 2 bath rooms etc etc. It was not at all expensive (I paid an additional £69 ontop of my spa booking fee). It is a very long time since I have received such value for money and I have never been impressed with a venue enough to make me want to comment on apublic site. I would highly recommend this venue; you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in 226 - it was perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very impressed with titanic especially staff who are all really helpful always happy to help, treatments are amazing such a great place all spa's should try to be like titanic. Beauty clinicians really knowledgable wish I could have had more treatments,overall really well structured.

South Yorkshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at Titanic and my partners 1st. The spa facilities are excellent and I would recommend this spa to anyone as a great relaxing break and well worth the money. Now for the negatives . . . We both had the head massage which i found relaxing and loved. My partner however was highly disappointed and even though we had had the Same treatment when we compared, his massage seemed to consist solely of hair pulling and tumb pushing. Not relaxing or worth the money. Lunch was not While 2pm so if you've travelled a long way or have a big appetite like my partner, bring snacks or you will be hungry! We are big gym lovers and although the gym is small it has all high tech equipment but no music!? Running on a treadmill is very dull in silence! The rooms are looking a little tired and would benefit from a lick of paint but their extremely spacious and have everything you need. At the price it is when its on offer it's a steal. Would I pay more? No. I would however still revisit just hope that the comments are taken on board as with a few simple improvements it would be perfect.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight at titanic spa last weekend with 3 other girls. We always arrange a get together in the new year and titanic was our first choice! (We have been many times before)

From the moment you arrive to moment you leave you feel totally pampered and relaxed! On check in we were greated by a very friendly, professional and polite receptionist who looked after all our belonging (these get taken to your apartment) from us and took us through to the bistro for a complimentary drink. She left us to get our selfs together before bringing our schedules for the day round and robes and slippers.

We couldn't wait to get started but decided to all be good and have a swim before we headed for the heat and ice!
The pool was lovely and calm, but were not big on excerise so we did a few lengths and went for lunch.

Lunch was amazing! It was sweet and sour chicken, rice, a vegetarian stroganoff, jacket potatoe, salads and breads. I couldn't resist having seconds!

Now time for the heat and ice, a series of hot and cold rooms, having been before we all couldn't wait. Herbal steam room is my favourite finished by the ice room! A definate must!

We had all treated ourself to a 55 minute treatment. I had a Decleor illuminating facial. It was pure heaven! One of the girls had a full body massage and said it was the best she had ever had! In fact we all feel asleep in the relaxation lounge after!

Check in time to your appartment is 2pm. We stayed in a very spacious apartment on the 2nd floor. 2 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge area, tv, DVD player, balcony- everything you need!!

Evening meal, was fab! We had a 2 course evening meal in with our package. I had Cajun chicken, with mixed vegetable, and strawberry cheesecake for afters! Bliss!

We all retired to the apartment afterward to watch how to lose a guy in 10days, and soon we were all fast off.

We had an amazing stay, thank you to all at titanic spa, we will defiantly be back!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!