“Very good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Hotel

You added Cambridge Hotel to your Saves list
Cambridge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Clare Hill, Huddersfield HD1 5BS, England (Formerly Cambridge Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those rare hotels: one that is very reasonable in price,provides very good service, and is only a 7 minute walk from town. The room was upgraded and the staff were friendly.
My only quibble with this hotel is the bedsheets were very scratchy on my skin. That said it's the only thing I can comet up with to criticise on a very good one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having stayed at several places in Huddersfield over the years, the Cambridge is by far the best. Seven or eight minutes walk from the railway station (plus plenty of space for car parking) and you are assured of an attentive and friendly welcome with bags carried to room. Rooms modern, comfortable, spotlessly clean and airy. Splendid breakfasts too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I say it is a terriers hop, walk, and skip to town, I mean it. On Google maps I thought this place was close, it wasn't. The area walking around isn't the best, if you are on foot. They did have the best breakfast I'd say out of all the places I stayed at. One thing I must say, this isn't good for the elderly, a massive hill you have to walk up and down to the hotel, it is on a hill.
I do recommend going there for happy hr at the bar, friendly bar tenders there.
If you can stay actually in the town center, do it, if not, and all else fails, then go here I guess.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spent a night at this hotel with my family and the service was faultless. The rooms were excellent very clean and nicely furnished, lots of car parking all with CCTV monitored from reception.

This hotel was good value for money, breakfast was great with a good choice. We were a little late in getting there due to a late night but there was still plenty of freshly cooked food, good fresh fruit and a fruit salad.

I had a flat tyre when I came to leave and staff leaving after their shift offered to help change it, no need as my husband had it in hand, but the offer was a nice touch.

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

Room Tip: The family room we had easily and comfortably sleeps 5
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I have just been to the Huddesfield Food Festival, and we have spent two very comfortable nights at the the Cambridge we can honestly say that we could find no faults at all from the minute we booked in to checking out, the young lady on reception was lovely, the room number 31 was spotless, with the queen size bed and very well presented bathroom, the staff couldn't do enough and the breakfast which was cooked fresh to order was excellent will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and also the food festival was brilliant on the whole a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were booked into the Egerton Guest House, and had driven over seven hours on one of the hottest days this year only to find that drunks had trashed the rooms and we couldn't stay there. However the staff had booked us into their sister hotel, the Cambridge Hotel, instead. There we found friendly staff, good rooms and air conditioning, much to our great relief. Sizeable fridge and TV, and very comfortable bed. I would have preferred a bath with power shower but at least everything seems fresh and new. I didn't like the breakfast room - very noisy, busy and hot with an open kitchen - not the least relaxing. The location was very convenient and I didn't feel in the least unsafe. I would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it several times.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tewkesbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Rooms fine, shower excellent. Good position within easy walk of a number of restaurants. Service is always friendly and breakfast is fine. I don't like the rooms at the very top because they have Velux rooflights but no windows.

Room Tip: Don't go on the highest floor in the attic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cambridge Hotel? Share your experiences!