“Fabulous house in fantastic grounds with lovely staff and a great pool and Jacuzzi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa

You added Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa to your Saves list
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Mansion House | Luton Hoo, Luton LU1 3TQ, England   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Luton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely mansion house/stately home which is very grand and imposing and is set in some lovely grounds.
The lounges and other rooms in the main house are large and well furnished with a lovely atmosphere.
The bed rooms are in other buildings as is the leisure facility, golf and brasserie. The hotel have a number of hotel black cabs to whizz you to the venues.
Breakfast was pleasant but precooked which surprised me.
Check out today was slow with inexperienced staff
Overall lovely.
I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
MLong8001, General Manager at Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit. Luton Hoo is indeed a country retreat in the heart of Bedfordshire. We are certainly privileged to have such a beautiful and vast estate with 3 separate venues with guest bedrooms and conference rooms. The Mansion House is a Grade I listed building originating from at least 1601 and is directly associated with at least three British monarchs.

Your comments relating to breakfast have been addressed with our Executive Chef in order to identify where any necessary improvements can be made.

I am most pleased to note you would consider staying with us in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to Luton Hoo, when you can be assured of our personal attention.

Matthew Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A friend and I recently spent a Sunday afternoon at Luton Hoo having their afternoon tea. And it was great - very comfortable, plushy surrounds in the lounge with someone playing the piano, indulging in tasty treats - what a treat!

You can choose from a classic afternoon tea (which has sandwiches, your choice of tea, & little sweet treats), champagne afternoon tea (the same but champers instead of tea), and a tea with Pimms. We had the classic.

It is pricey, true, but it's just such a lovely treat - perfect little sandwiches (loved the pink bread with egg mayo on it), fresh scones with cream, & some really yummy bite-size pastries. When it arrives, it's on a silver tired cake stand & you may think: well, that's not very much food, but it's just the right amount!

My only 'complaint' (if I have to give one!) is that it was really very warm inside - perhaps a touch down on the thermostat would help! Otherwise, a really lovely place to while away the time in comfort. The grounds outside are gorgeous & if it's a nice day, go for a stroll - its worth it! I wouldn't suggest taking small children though as they might be very bored, but it would be ideal for romantic teas, baby showers, a few friends, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

May I thank you for your review following your visit to Luton Hoo for Afternoon Tea. Feedback of any nature is essential if we are to fully assess whether or not our guests’ expectations are being met. In this respect, I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and very much appreciate this opportunity to demonstrate all that we have to offer.

Luton Hoo is proud to have established an enviable reputation for the quality of its Afternoon Tea; your comments will be shared with our staff who I know will take great satisfaction from your feedback.

I am sorry to note you found the Lounge to be too warm; it is most regrettable that you were not able to highlight your concerns with a member of the Management Team at the time in order that we could address this immediately.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again very soon, when you can be assured of our personal attention.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

You would never think you would find this absolutely vast and stunning estate just a couple of minutes away from a busy Luton town centre. The Mansion House has been so beautifully restored that you almost feel like you are stepping back into the past. The Country Club has a great pool and gym complex - although you can't been a run through the grounds with the pheasants keeping you company! We had a meal in both restaurants - the food was fantastic in both! I would highly recommend Luton Hoo for a weekend 'away from it all'.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

May I say how delighted I was to read your review; thank you for taking the time to share the benefit of your experience. We have indeed taken considerable time and effort in restoring the hotel to its original state. A country retreat within a thousand acres; a complete destination for a perfect break in a luxurious room with glorious views of the landscaped gardens and parkland.

Your positive comments regarding the food in the Wernher Restaurant and Adam’s Brasserie will be shared with our Executive Chef and his team; who I know will take great satisfaction from your feedback.

I am most pleased to note you would recommend the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back when you can be assured of our personal attention.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My client initially chose Luton Hoo as the venue for an event. However, I would certainly make it a first choice again as it is such a great venue for conferences. We found the beautifully converted stable block to be a very comfortable and versatile space with well designed facilities and professional, attentive and friendly service.

Our rooms in the beautifully restored and historic mansion house were luxurious and very comfortable. The service lives up to 5 star status and expectations.

As it was a business visit, I only got to use the spa once, but that has left me wanting to return for a leisure visit as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Your choice of room will depend on the purpose of your visit as there is such a choice. Best to spea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share the benefit of your experience here at Luton Hoo. I am delighted to note you were pleased with the venue for your Conference. Luton Hoo prides itself on the high level of service and hospitality offered and, as such, I am extremely pleased we were able to reach your expectations on this occasion.

We are certainly privileged to have such a beautiful and vast estate; with 22 fully equipped suites and syndicate rooms of varying sizes containing the best conference & banqueting facilities, a licence for civil ceremonies and a range of private dining venues, Luton Hoo has the versatility to meet any requirement.

I do hope you will have an opportunity for a leisure visit whereby you may enjoy all aspects of the estate.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle for a few hours. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and peaceful. Both restaurants are good and the staff excellent. It's expensive, but worth it in my opinion to stay in such a majestic palatial setting. A real treat.

We stayed in a Mansion executive room with a lovely view of the park and lake. The room was beautifully decorated of course, great attention to detail, and we had a huge bathroom with a spa bath. There were however, a couple of things that could be improved I think. The bed was small. I'm not sure it was even a king size. Our previous room had a huge bed (we had a garden room). It was, however, super comfy. I also think it would have greatly benefited from air conditioning. Not sure if we had it in previous room but we had a huge bed so maybe didn't need it! But if its too hot during a chilly April I certainly wouldn't want to stay in that room in the summer!

However, will definitely say again next time we need to recharge our batteries.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share the benefit of your experience here at Luton Hoo. I know our staff will take great satisfaction from your comments.

With regard to air conditioning; unfortunately, due to the restrictions imposed on a Grade I listed building, we are not able to install air-conditioning in the rooms in the Mansion House. However, rooms in the Parkland, Flower Garden and Warren Weir do have air-conditioning. It is most regrettable that you were not able to highlight your concerns with a member of the Management Team at the time in order that we could address this immediately; we would have been more than happy to provide portable fans to relieve any discomfort.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion, when you can be assured of our personal attention.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a RE-REVIEW of another visit I have just had since my original review in November 2012.

Again, we had afternoon tea but in a different room this time – again, this room was fantastic and full of art and history and elegance. We stayed for well over 2.5 hours with no-one trying to shoo us home, which is nice.

The actual tea was made up of : 1 currant scone, 1 plain scone, jam and clotted cream; 1 small raspberry choux pastry; one mango cake and one fruit tart – per each person – which was delicious, fresh and fab. I admit, I did feel a little hungry when I left, I didn’t get that full feeling that I have had with other afternoon tea places I have visited, but what I had was gorgeous.

As usual, there was very good service with friendly young staff and, with the sun shining on us, the place looked amazing.

(The photos I have put on here are supplemental to the ones I put on in November)

I would thoroughly recommend this place for Afternoon Tea if you want a bit of class, culture and style in a beautiful setting and easy to get to from the M1 and A1, etc

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following a second visit to Luton Hoo for afternoon tea. Luton Hoo is proud to have established an enviable reputation for the quality and quantity of its Afternoon Tea. Although your comments are in contrast to previous guest feedback regarding quantity; and I might add, we are quite often asked to provide cake boxes in which guests may take uneaten items home with them. As a company we welcome feedback and I can assure you that yours will be used constructively to enhance guest experience here at Luton Hoo.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed there for three nights for a business conference. Room was very pleasant, luxurious, extremely comfortable bed, great shower, pleasant surroundings. Grounds are fantastic, a extensive old estate. Didn't have a chance to use the spa, but looked nice from outside. Had dinner in one for the restaurants, good meal.
Room didn't have wi-fi when I stayed, which is highly disappointing for a five star hotel catering to business conference. We're in the 21st century; investment in a wi-fi station is less than a night's stay. Conference food was lack-luster, didn't feel five stars.
Its far from anything, so you'd be going there to stay and enjoy the place or for a conference.

Room Tip: Many wings, far apart, so need to decide which you really want.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Although you seem to have enjoyed many aspects of your visit to Luton Hoo, I was very sorry to note your disappointment regarding wi-fi and the quality of food served during your conference. It is most regrettable that you were not able to highlight your concerns, regarding the food, with a member of the Management Team at the time in order that we could address this immediately.

We do have wi-fi access in all public areas of the hotel, and I am pleased to confirm that we installed wi-fi in the bedrooms in December 2012; this is highlighted in the Guest Directory in each room. I am very sorry you were unable to access wi-fi in your room; I have instructed our Housekeeper to check that all devises are in working order.

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again very soon.

Matthew Long

Been to Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!