“Hampton Heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Luton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Hampton Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

To start, this hotel is pretty much on the flight path for planes landing and right outside the train station...would you know it? Would you ever! I woke up and forgot I was at the airport, it's incredible. Windows triple glazed and extremely quiet.
Breakfast was pretty good with decent choice.

A note to travelers, despite this hotel being on the flight path, you will need a taxi to the airport itself, no shuttle available. No matter for us as we were going to Luton itself (10mins drive away) and stayed here for value.

My only real complaint was the bar staff at night. Bar guy must have been new as he was slow but I can forgive that, gotta learn somehow. I asked for a Desperados for me and an Archers and Lemonade for my friend. Desperados, easy, done!
The barman didn't know what Archers and Lemonade was!! Name is in the title! I had to point it out to him. If he's new, I can kinda forgive slowness but he should know his (limited choice) bar.
Worse than this was the night porter stood 5 metres away. He could see 2 guys (one being me) waiting at the bar and 1 being served by Mr Newguy and he did NOTHING. I complained to staff about this on check out, it's bad customer service to see a busy bar and still do nothing

This aside, I'd stay here again and recommend it to others, even for going to Luton, it's not far away

Room Tip: None - all rooms triple glazed anyway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Mike F,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our rooms are indeed fully insulated to prevent the transmission of sounds from the train station as well as the London Luton Airport.

However, regarding your comments, please be advised that there is a bus service provided by Arriva which operates between the Hampton by Hilton Hotel and the Luton Airport with a journey time of approximately six minutes. The buses depart directly outside the hotel every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.

Further, I hope you can accept my apologies regarding the Bar staff, I have spoken to the team and further training will be enforced where needed.

It is always motivating when we meet our guest’s expectations and even more inspiring when they want to come back. I therefore look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton Hotel in the future.

(01582)798450

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here so we were close to Luton for our flight and what a find!! Clean, modern with parking on site and a free bus to the airport. Plus two double beds in our twin room and a free brekkie. Efficient and friendly staff too. All in all I'd recommend this place to all and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Julie K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I will certainly pass your comments onto the rest of the team and ensure that every guest is made to feel like Hampton is heavenly comforting and welcoming.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport. I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

On behalf of GM,

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here after our night flight, we only paid £50 a room for three people which is fantastic value. It is a 5 min drive from the airport there is a bus that stops there but we had a taxi which cost £6.

Very clean hotel and the check in was quick. Our room was fairly big and had coffee/tea facillities and shampoo & conditioner provided at a high quality.

Breakfast was included in the price and has a variety of hot and cold foods dependant on time of travel in the morning, what I had was very nice.

We have stayed in the Ibis in the past and will never again if we travel to/from luton as we found our stay here excellent.

It is also handy if travelling by train as right outside luton parkway station.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kashif R, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear sbennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always motivating when we exceed our guest’s expectations and even more inspiring when they want to come back.

We strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.

It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hampton by Hilton at Luton Airport is not at the airport an has no shuttle from the airport. For a hotel at the out of the way little village of Luton with a tin can interior, this hotel is overpriced and not even worth the 3-star rating it claims to have.

It is near the Luton Parkway rail station, at least if you go out the right (back) exit of the station. If you go out the front you have a half-hour walk or confusing taxi-ride. The hotel also has a small gym and an overpriced restaurant with sub-par food.

To its credit the rooms have kettles, coffee, and tea and are quite quiet. You have to decide whether to close the bathroom door or the small closet's door...because they are both the same and thus can't be closed at the same time. There are also small desks in the room and some have couches that double as pull out beds. To cramp so many room in to small room space, the beds have been shorten. If you are six feet tall or more expect to sleep with your feet sticking out of the bed.

There is free WiFi but it works so badly you will wish you pad to really get WiFi. Either their only technical staff or the Internet provider are completely incompetent. Repeated attempts to fix the WiFi of myself and three other guests were failures, although they claimed there was nothing wrong. The WiFi system kept logging you out every couple of minutes.

The continental breakfast is 4:30 am to 10 am and the cooked breakfast starts at 6:30 am.

To get to the hotel you can pay a taxi about 7 GBP or if you are lucky to get one that agrees to rate the hotel negotiated, 3.50 GBP. It is also a 30 minute mainly downhill walk, but getting back to the airport means going up hill or paying at least 8 GBP for a taxi. The A bus does seem to stop out side the hotel and runs from the hotel to downtown Luton.

The downtown of Luton is very much a village that doesn't look so well off, especially as the town's biggest employer, Vauxhall carmakers, is having problems.

Stay at Encore, Holiday Inn, Ibis, or one of other hotels much closer to the airport. They are also tin an hotels, but cost about the same or less than this one and are at least really at the airport.

Room Tip: Get high floor room...when they are ready.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear cfjd,

I hope you can accept my apologies for the complications you encountered upon your stay with us. I am determined to try my very best to rectify your satisfaction. I can assure you that we have taken your comments into serious consideration,

Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport we abide by our Brand Standards and persevere in enriching, and at all times uplifting our services and accommodation. Your satisfaction is our first priority.

Regarding your comments, there is a bus service provided by Arriva which operates between the Hampton by Hilton Hotel and the Luton Airport with a journey time of approximately six minutes. The buses depart from outside the hotel every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. Further the Hotel is closer to the rail station as it offers quick and easy travel to major cities in the UK, but within a 5 minute taxi drive or as mentioned a 6 minute bus ride, you will arrive at the Luton Airport promptly.

Moreover our accommodations are modern and newly renovated. With every stay, we ensure to provide a number of thoughtful amenities to guarantee that your stay is a comfortable one, foremost being Hampton's complimentary hot breakfast which is served at the mentioned times to cater for business guests or guests departing for early flights, the buffet is thereafter still open until 11am, and if you are not happy, you are more than welcome to make a request or discuss your issues with the staff on duty, and I can assure you that they would strive to ensure that the very best hospitality is provided!

I have taken your comments into serious consideration as improvements are continuously made for the reason that we persevere to only deliver the very best. I will be discussing them with the Hampton team to ensure your needs are met in the future.

Once again I can only express my sincere apologies and hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future in hope that we can restore your satisfaction.

Should you have any further comments or enquiries, please feel free to contact me via the details provided below.

Usk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is great hotel with on site parking whilst on holiday. Its a great location easy to find and 5 mins in a taxi to the airport. The hotel arranged a taxi and gave us the contact with a voucher to transfer back when we returned. It was a very efficient service.
Helpful, pleasant staff. If definitely use again and reckoned if flying from Luton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Janclem2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you found our services and accommodation met your standards.

We try in every way to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide the hospitality service that you are accustomed to, it is even more encouraging when they want to come back.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Relatively new budget hotel near the airport and right next to the railway station. Clean, comfortable and well furnished. Recommended for weary travellers. I have to post 200 characters, but really don't need to so here's some text to fill the box up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear 737A_M,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Here at the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, we strive to ensure that we uphold a customer focussed approach, especially as you are our Number 1 Priority! We work very hard to make sure that every guest departs from our hotel feeling content and stress-free; your comments will therefore be of great encouragement to the team.

Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel, on a number of occasions and it is of a very high quality for an airport based hotel. Rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast is included and is of a good standard and is included in the price rather than having to pay extra. Reception staff are very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return again and thank you for a most excellent stay on 18th January 2014.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Claire M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It is always motivating when we exceed our guest’s expectations and even more inspiring when they want to come back. We will unceasingly strive to welcome our guests with high standards and excellent customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

(01582)798450

Been to Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport? Share your experiences!