“overnight airport stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Luton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ramada for one night prior to catching an early flight the following morning and I have to say the service was terrible. On arrival they did not even have a room ready for us despite the fact that we had Pre-booked, and the gentleman at the reception desk refused to believe our printed booking confirmations and was adamant that we had just got it from some random website on the Internet!!

After much arguments we were eventually given a room but the sink was filthy and blocked so no water would go down. The night porter informed us that he could not solve the problem and that there were no other double rooms that we could move into and the best they could do was give us a small discount on check out if we stayed in the room.

Satisfied with this we went down the following morning only to be told by the manger that there was nothing they could do, they could not offer us a discount and the fact that the sink was blocked was "something that happens and not their fault"!!

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone and would probably consider the ibis hotel next time which is just next door. Not something you want to deal with on the start of your holiday.

• Stayed April 2014
Tralee, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Spent one night at the Ramada, before a very early flight from the airport.
The rooms are clean, basic, functional with no trimmings, beds and tv,tea coffee and a place to lay your head at a reasonable price.
Restaurant was very busy that night and we were asked to wait over an hour, too hungary to wait so we walked up the the Holiday Inn express 200m up the road, no waiting, better menu and friendlier restaurant staff, so we had a reasoble meal there.
Big problem at Luton airport hotels including this one is, NO SHUTTLE BUS to the terminal, you can have a Taxi for £6, or walk the 500 m, which we did.
Rooms can be stuffy as the windows don'nt open and the A/C will not blow you away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Ramada Encore Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post.

Its good to see overall you enjoyed your stay .

I am indeed sorry that you had to go else where to eat.

Its interesting to see you prefered the menu choice where you ate.All our food is freshly prepared
We offer a carvery and or our main menu which offers salads,fish ,steaks and burgers.
I would be very interested in talking to you regarding your suggestions for the menu.

Please drop me an email with your contact details or alternatively contact the Hotel and ask for myself.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

General Manager.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We booked a package of one night in the hotel followed by a day at Woburn Safari park at a very good price.
Was expecting a double and 2 single beds instead there was a double and a sofa bed. Our boys didn't mind sleeping together but it could be a problem for some families. The sofa beds mattress was so thin you could feel all the springs. And double mattress was so firm we felt like we were laying on the runway. Neither my wife or myself got a wink of sleep.
We payed for a carvary, but when we got to the restaurant we were told that as the hotel was full we would have to choose from a menu. The food was ok, but there was no kids menu. If we had wanted sausage chips and beans it was £6.50 each. Even thou we had already paid for a meal for the kids.

The buffet breakfast was ok but not as good as the ones I have had at premier inns. I asked for vege sausages and was politely told they would take 10 minutes to cook, it would have been useful to have been told that when we were shown to our table.
I'm giving 1 circle for the package deal and a rating of 1 for the cleanness of the hotel and the polite and helpful staff.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the package as much as the other 150 that we sold.

All guests have at booking been told about the Z beds,if on this occasion you were not i can only apologise.
Your meal was up graded to choosing a three course meal off our A la Carte menu from our carvery with the offer of a complimentary bottle of wine .
I apologise if this was not to your liking.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

if it's a quick overnight stay prior to catching an early flight you need, then this hotel probably wouldn't be too bad for a few hours, but any longer then its not good. The rooms were ok other than the fact you couldn't open any window at all and there was nowhere to put anything away or hang anything up out of sight. A few hooks sticking out of the wall was all there was to hang anything up.
I stayed here for a few nights sharing a twin room and I had no choice but to leave all my clothes etc in my bag and live out of the bag which was very cramped and the clothes were all creased when I needed to wear them.

The main issue we had with this hotel was the rudeness and bad attitude of the staff, mainly the Manager of the dining area and the Female Manager of the Reception. I have never been spoken to with such rudeness ever before. The attitude was unhelpful, unapproachable and uninterested. When I approached the Manager with an issue the attitude was very much "tough"!
On a plus side the food that we had was quite nice.
Despite being so close to the airport the planes taking off didn't cause us any problems in fact we hardly heard them.

There is another hotel very close by the IBIS and If I need to fly from Luton Airport I will be choosing to stay at the IBIS rather than the RAMADA. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window you can open.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ManagerEncoreLuton, General Manager at Ramada Encore Luton Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay.

Its unusual for our Team to be found rude and unhelpful and I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you had at the Hotel.

Please call me on 01582 218111 so that we can discuss the matter.

Feel free to email me your contact details and a time that would be convenient to call you if you prefer.

I am indeed sorry that your stay was not enjoyable.

crawley, west sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here in last couple of weeks as part of a large group. Stayed for 3 nights. Bed was large and comfy. Lots of hot water - although shower was the "dribble" type rather power - but adequate enough. Had a couple of minor niggles - no towels on one day and tea/coffee/sugar replenished on another - but these were soon sorted once reported. Suggest bringing own shower gel etc.

All in all it was fine. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

Its great to see overall you had an enjoyable stay.

I apologise for the minor shortfalls you encountered and I am pleased to see that they were resolved to your satisfaction in a timely manor.

I hope that when next in the area that you would stay at the Ramada Encore.

Kind Regards

Been to Ramada Encore Luton Airport? Share your experiences!