It's a very cosy hotel close to Luton Airport (3,5 miles). Rooms are a bit small but comfortable, breakfast is tasty but a bit monotonous, coffee served fresh in jars to each patron. The hotel boasts of a gym and a small swimming pool with wet and dry saunas.
Staff is courteous and friendly (as is typically the case in England).
You could book a room in a Luton hotel, rent a car at Luton airport, and if you need to go to London, you can travel to Brent Cross shopping center (some 50 km) on M1 South, leave your car there and continue to London by metro (at 7GBP day travel card) instead of spending a fortune by taking a train from Luton or staying at a hotel in London. Parking at the shopping center is free of charge from 6pm till 8 am next day.
Next to the hotel is a large shopping mall and its prices are reasonable.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Menzies Strathmore Hotel Luton
- Best Western Menzies Strathmore Hotel
- Best Western Luton
- Menzies Strathmore Luton
- Strathmore Hotel Luton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 4 star hotel situated in the town centre overlooking St. George's Square. Minutes from London Luton Airport, across the road from London Luton train station and 2 miles from the M1 motorway. Lots to do on the doorstep of the hotel within walking distance. New shopping mall 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels and Agoda so you can book your Menzies London Luton Strathmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.