“Grate hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barcelona, Spain
“Grate hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a lovely stay in Icon hotel.
It's a hotel in the center of Luton near to the shopping center and the bowling!!! Also near to the train station. All the staff is so helpful!!!
The only negative think that if you like to stay for long time in the room you will feel that is a bit small... Well the size of the room of 3* hotel. Very clean!!!! Excellent staff

Stayed November 2013
Michael_Bugler, Reservations agent at Icon Hotel Luton, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear YaiMB!

Thank you for your review!
I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay here in the Icon Hotel.
Can I please take this opportunity to bring to your attention our different type of rooms, where you can enjoy more spaceous accomodation as well.
I hope we can welcome you again soon, and you can try out our Delux rooms as well!

Bernadett Teglas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A bit of a one-off but in a good way. Handy for the town centre restaurants and a five minute ride to/from the airport. Rooms are better furnished and decorated than (say) the Days Inn (soon to be Premier Inn) next door.

Not yet eaten at the Icon but I'm told the food is good.

Room Tip: Top floor for quiet rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Paul C!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us.
I am please to see that you liked our uniqe "Icon" style. As a boutique hotel, we are providing different customer service, making sure every guest gets special attention.
I hope you will come back to us soon, and you will be able to try the Cappello`s Restaurant as well.

Kind regards,
Bernadett Teglas
Bramerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here with a friend whilst on business in December. What struck me was the whole hotel was freezing in corridors but rooms were fine and warm - BUT we had to get the lovely guy on reception to play with the dials! It's one of these ultra modern hotels when everything is digital and by numbers and you can't ACTUALLY get anything to work properly without help. Having said that the staff were exceptionally superb and the restaurant service and reception staff were absolutely outstanding. Room and bathroom - lovely - I would use this hotel again if in the area. Parking - is on-site but very cramped and has a bar across the gate - which makes access difficult unless you have another person with you to go into the hotel & ask them to raise it as no form of contact was possible!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rhodes, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I booked a 25-day holiday for Xmas and New Year at the Icon Hotel in Luton where my eldest son is based.

When I arrived I was overcome by the standard and luxury of this hotel, expecting a bit lower grade type. My room was spacious, clean and overall very comfortable. Lovely comfy mattress!!

All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. I especially want to thank Aneta and Marzena on Front Desk who were wonderful to me and assisted me so warmly on a personal problem. Special thanks also to Desiree who was a real gem and extremely helpful.

I had several meals and drinks at the hotel and every time found everything to be very good. Rob, the F&B Manager is here there and everywhere and always smiling and efficient.

I found the Housekeeping department to be professional and pretty quick in cleaning my room. Thank you to all the ladies concerned! Special thanks to Ludmilla, head of this department for extending her warm smile and assistance at all times.

Overall, I could not fault the hotel in any way and having been in the employ of a 5* hotel for 20 years myself, found this hotel to be perfect in every aspect!!

Last, but not least, I wish to say how wonderful the Owner of this hotel is, Mr. Franco Anacreonte. I watched him on many occasions assisting his staff and being present many hours blending in as one of the staff himself.

I have to say the staff at this hotel work as a team which is the greatest factor in delivering the best guest satisfaction.

I will definitly be visiting the Icon hotel again when next in Luton.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms where spacious and there is no noise in this vicinity
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

First time stay. Staff could not have done anymore to ensure my stay was as comfortable. They were extremely professional and courteous and very keen to help. Lots of extras, free bike hire, free golf club hire to name a few, Lovely clean rooms, comfortable bed and good location. Offered a coffee on check out to take away...really nice touch!! Definitely be back!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just had a really good Sunday lunch at Capello's at the Icon. The food was good and the service was brilliant. Rob and his team made us feel welcome from the outset and everyone was friendly and helpful.

Service was quick and efficient and we enjoyed the meal. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, plenty of space between the tables, so we didn't feel at all cramped or crowded. The atmosphere was further enhanced by an excellent classical pianist' who played beautifully and at the perfect volume - loud enough to be enjoyed but not so loud as to be overpowering.

Importantly, it was a real value for money meal too - good home style cooking at a very reasonable price.

I would say Capello's is a hidden gem and my family and I will be back.

Thanks for a lovely afternoon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here while in Luton on business and found this to be a very nice hotel with everything needed for a short stay. I arrived late in the evening and found the reception staff to be very helpful and friendly. I had the option to pay my bill on arrival so I wouldn't have to wait about in the morning to do so which I also found very useful. The room was small but functional. It had a boutique feel to it with artwork on the walls. The bathroom had a nice shower with good water pressure. The bed was comfortable and although close to a main road I didn't hear any traffic noise during my stay. There was a decent selection at breakfast and a choice of freshly cooked eggs to accompany the cooked breakfast option - the rest of it was on the standard hotplates.

If you're staying in Luton on business at Capability Green, the taxi ride is approx 10 mins from this hotel.

I will be staying here again when in Luton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Icon Hotel Luton? Share your experiences!