“Excellent food and friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Luton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My partner and I have been going on a very regular basis since it opened, either eating in or takeaway and can honestly say it has always been a pleasure to go there. The food is excellent as is the banter with Sam and the staff. We fully recommend this restaurant and wished we know we could write this review earlier. We have taken friends and relatives there and they all love the place. They have got to know our tastes and are helpful in recommending any new meals they put on the menu. They are also very willing to alter the food to taste by removing any particular spice you do not like.

Martin and Rita

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Luton
“No longer the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have eaten at Ashuka's many, many times since they have opened and the owners know us very well. However, was very disappointed on our recent visit as the food was definitely not up to it's normal standard and when we queried it, they just said it was fine. My husband regularly has gosht laziz but this time, it lacked flavour and even our friends tried it and said it was completely different. Our friends dishes were also very thick in consistency which is not usual. Overall, although the staff are very friendly, we will not be rushing back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
luton
“Friendly service and good food in a very clean environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

I visited the Ashuka Restaurant today 3rd May 2009 and sampled the eat as much as you like buffett. I have eaten in many restaurants in Luton and surrounding areas but found this experience to be a very memorable one. I arrived with friends and was greated by an incrdibley friendly man called Sam, he was very welcoming and had a very ammusing sence of humour that put you at ease immediatley.

We did not need to book a table as we went early afternoon so the place was quiet, I phoned the previous day to ask about booking and I was advised that later in the day i would need to book as it will get busy and this was evident as we left. I enjoyed the quiet as I dont really like busy environments but I will certanley try an evening session.

There was not a huge selection of food to choose from but what was there was in plenty and very tasty, there was a choice of 3 mains and several starters with all the usual popadoms, naam and pickles and sauces, so you did not leave hungry, as we were leaving another customer mentioned that it was ashame there was no Korma on the menu today, Sam said he would organise the dish for them, I thought that was a very personal service and should be commended as it seemed that nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurant is clean, well dressed and has a bright appearence. I would recomend a visit to anyone. Keep up the good standards.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Best Restaurant in Luton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We started going to Ashuka when it first opened about 7 years ago. The food is amazing, service is excellent and it is very good value. There are regular charity nights and always a great atmosphere at any time. I like that they play traditional Indian music, even though the decor is very contemporary (no velvet wallpaper here!).
We now live in the USA, but always make a point of visiting Ashuka whenever we go back to Luton.
If you love curry, you will love Ashuka!