“Lovely Homemade food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Lovely Homemade food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here over the bank holiday and had a lovely meal, homemade chicken pâté to start, 2 big wedges of crusty bread & enough pâté to do at least another 2 wedges, with ample side salad! Main course was homemade scampi, homemade tartar sauce with chips & fresh garden peas, the portions were ample, food was hot and all served quickly, my partner had garlic bread (& helped me use up the pâté) to start and a homemade cheeseburger which he said was stunning again with ample chips & side salad, the portions are value for money, drinks were reasonably priced & the staff both friendly & helpful if I go to Minehead in the future I'll certainly eat here again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Harlington, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Food was very greasy, tasted really bland and boring, would not eat there again. I would advise you to eat else where,

Visited August 2013
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“really enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went for an evening meal as staying in minehead, had an excellent meal of pasta carbonara and sausage&mash. Followed by deserts of treacle sponge and a lemon posset?? All food seemed homemade (deserts definitely wasn't a frozen pot put in the microwave!) Very reasonable priced about £35 for food and 4 alcoholic drinks.
Very clean bar/seating area. Upto date decor. Friendly staff. Would definitely eat there again

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Incredible service (beyond the call of duty)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Me, my wife and granddaughter visited Stones based on positive reviews and the nice look of the place. Upon arrival we were greeted by a nicely decorated venue with welcoming staff and a pleasant ambiance. Upon the arrival of our food, our granddaughter decided it was time for a tantrum and I had to take her for a long walk to calm her down, but rather than leaving me to return and suffer cold food the bar manager took my meal away, and when I returned had the chef remake my entire meal so that it was both hot and fresh. The food itself was excellent and the service continued to impress throughout our visit, if we had found this place on day one...we wouldn't have gone elsewhere. Great food, great price, great service...perfect and the inspiration for our first Trip Advisor review. Oh and my wife says the chocolate ganache dessert is gorgeous!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hindhead, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am not really a Pizza person but we were on a dayy trip to Minehead and were looking for something easy and to eat outside. Absolutley fabulous pizza with I guess at least a whole chicken breast (in pieces) on top. Very hearty and very tasty. Would have no hesitation in returning there again if we ever went back to Minhead. My wife had a pizza too and she enjoyed hers very much (different toppings) cannot speak for the rest of the menu but if the pizza was anyuthing to go by would suggest it will all be great!

• Visited July 2013