“Disappointed visit” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bethany Guest House

You added Bethany Guest House to your Saves list
Bethany Guest House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   10 Townsend Road, Minehead TA24 5RG, England   |
Ranked #19 of 39 Minehead B&B and Inns
Ajax, Canada
“Disappointed visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Place has changed hands since my last visit. The Owner is not friendly and the bedroom and shower were dirty. We were 5 minutes late for breakfast and the owner made it very clear that a cooked breakfast was not available. Breakfast is an extra cost when previous it was included. If You Want breakfast walk down to The Duke of Wellington its worth it. I would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BethanyGuestHouse, Owner at Bethany Guest House, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
I am really sorry you were disappointed with Bethany Guest House. We strive for high standards and care and attention to guests needs. We offer the option for guests to have bed and breakfast, or room only for those people who prefer to lie in, or who do not eat breakfast, and am very flexible with times for breakfast to suit guests needs. I am sorry that on this one instance I was unable to accommodate for late breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nynäshamn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

As a tourist you probably just spend the night in Minehead and the guest-house is OK for that.
No surprises.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 and it was OK
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I’m very disappointed that comments posted on 30th October 2011 do not seem to have been addressed with regards to the en-suite shower area in room 2, it is indeed in need of some cleaning and re-sealing! Apart from that we enjoyed our stay, owner Nicola is lovely and breakfast was great but please Nicola do something about that shower area in room 2.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BethanyGuestHouse, Owner at Bethany Guest House, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I do appreciate your comments and do take seriously both yours and all other feedback. I am addressing the shower rooms and the bathrooms in the guest house and will be carrying out an upgrade programme before the end of this year.

It was lovely to meet you and to have you stay here. I hope you will return and that I am able to show you the improvements we will have made.
Keighley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were very impressed with the Bethany Guest house the rooms were clean and beautiful the owner Nicola very helpful and lovely! Food was great and would recommend this to anyone,

The negative review below is totally incorrect we stayed in room two and it was clean and great no falling apart furniture anywhere!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Just come back from a night here, staying in room 2. Overall for this place would be 4/5. The landlady was lovely and accomadating, the b+b was clean and tidy and very close to butlins, just a 10 min walk. Breakfast although had to pay extra for this at £5 per head it was very nice. We had the family room and it was sufficient for what we needed, the only tiny issue would be the noisy pipes as it is a old old house, it didnt bother me but my friend didnt get much sleep. Overall I would recommend this b +b and would use it again. Thanks

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This weekend just gone, I travelled down to Minehead from Merseyside for a Job Interview at the Butlins in Minehead and stayed over at Bethany Guest House for the night before the Interview. I can honestly say this is a luxurious B&B and I would recommend it to anybody. The rooms were lovely and spot on, the staff were friendly and welcoming and very helpful, the area of the B&B is right in the middle of things, everything is to the highest standard of cleanliness, and I couldn't have asked for a better night's sleep. The food was brilliant, having a flatscreen HD television made me feel right at home in the middle of the night, and everything you could need or want was provided. I was even given a lift in her car to Butlins the next day by one of the hotel staff, which was really great of her. I stayed in a Double Room with En-suite Bathroom. I rate this Guest House 11/10 and would definetely stay there in the future, but luckilly I got the job in Butlins so I'll be living down the road soon enough anyhow. Definetely worth a stay for anybody!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I went here with my 2 small children and we had a great time. The guesthouse is close to the centre of things, including Butlins where the kids had a fab day out. The rooms are a great size - we had plenty of space for the 3 of us, and they were spotlessly clean. Breakfast was very good - really good selection and made to order, the service was efficient and friendly - we fely genuinely welcome - nothing was too much trouble. We will be booking in again the next time we visit Minehead

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bethany Guest House? Share your experiences!