“birthday party” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Smugglers Inn situated a stones through from Blue Anchor beach. Walking distance to 3 caravan parks and a 5 minute drive from one other. Child friendly Dog friendly - all dogs must be well behaved and kept on a lead at all times. Reservations welcome. Large function room available to hire. Hot and cold buffets available in our large function room (pre-orders necessary.)
Minehead, United Kingdom
“birthday party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to The Sugglers for my daughters 18th birthday. She picked the venue and the guest list for 25 people. The service was excellent, the food was fantastic!!! I would rate it 100%. Simon kept in contact with us through out, helping us organise the party, the menu selection ,as we had 25 guests we gave them 3 choices of starters and mains. They assisted us with the birthday cake we brought with us, putting on the candles ( that we forgot ) the table arrangements was a choice between the both of us. Definently recommened it everyone, We will be going again!!!!!

Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Average food , friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal here whilst staying at Blue Anchor holiday park and food was ok , my whitebait was good but bread tasteless , the rest of our food was ok my fish special of hake was nice but could of done with a bit more on the plate apart from the mash underneath and my wife's and sons steak was ok but overpriced at 14.95 as was nothing special and then couldn't pay by card as machine not working so lucky I just had enough cash to scrape through meaning I had no money until I managed to find a cash point the next day .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Slough, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at Home Farm two years ago and the 200 yard walk to "The Smugglers Inn" proved irresistible on the first night of our stay. I think we ate there for five nights out of our seven night stay as it was so good. The friendly service and quality of food and drink was superb. I have yet to taste a better pint of ale than the "Smuggled Otter" that is served there.
We stayed at the same site in July this year along with my mum (staying in a nearby B&B). It was Mum's first holiday since Dad died in March. Having read scary reviews on this site that "The Smugglers" may have closed/changed hands just before we went, I have to say I was rather worried.
As it turned out, having had a bit of a refurbishment, all was reassuringly similar if not better. We ate there three times and Mum was very complimentary about the food. As she is an ex home economics teacher that means high praise indeed !
Just booked up for a week next summer and all I can hope is that the wonderful enterprise that is now called "The Smugglers Retreat" is still thriving. In my opinion, it fully deserves to. Well done Simon and crew. I'm sure you will get used to that computer/till device eventually !
I look forward to my next visit.
Andy

• Visited July 2013
Quorn, United Kingdom
“Good food & service, friendly staff, great cause & ethos to support”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We first dined here many years ago when it was called the Smugglers Inn and it was really good then. It has fairly recently been taken over and whilst maintaining the front of house restaurant is being turned into a retreat for brave ex servicemen to help them adjust to life away from conflict. A great aspiration so cause that deserves support. However the food, service and restaurant stands alone without all that and was a good experience which I would recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester
“Inspirational place.....and great food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First of all...much respect to what is being achieved here....a wonderful retreat for our wounded soldiers, & to help them re- integrate into civilian life....the pictures on the walls make you feel quite emotional....and if that wasn't enough....the food was excellent too ! Very friendly barmaid, good range of beers for hubby, large glasses of good Chardonnay for me....happy days !
The sardines on toast starter was huge and very fresh...lamb rump and cauliflower cheese mains excellent, and the almond & ginger bakewell with honeycomb ice-cream...just yummy !!
I wasn't aware of the charity true heroes.org before eating here, but would recommend everyone who's in the area visit this place....not least because the food is so worth it !