The hotel is well positioned with ample parking. Pleasant bar area and very friendly staff. Lovely rooms with tea and coffee facilities. The best thing however is the food. Very reasonably priced fine dining and good sized portions make it worth staying at the hotel for the dining experience alone. The breakfast certainly didn't disappoint either. The bar is also reasonably priced so all in all, a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Carnarvon Arms is currently closed for renovation and we hope to reopen on the 22nd of June 2015. If your require good food or accommodation please visit our sister site The Crown & Horns at East Ilsley (just up the A34). Our Grade II listed building was built in the 1800s as a coaching inn providing a stop off for travellers to nearby Highclere Castle, home to the present Lord and Lady Carnarvon. Offering a room with a high vaulted ceiling, a bar, 18 bedrooms and meeting facilities. With our focus on great service and quality food, The Carnarvon Arms is the perfect place to meet whether for a quick lunch, a delicious evening meal, private party, conference, meeting, wedding or a relaxing weekend away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Carnarvon Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carnarvon Arms Hotel Newbury
- The Carnarvon Arms Hotel Newbury, England