“Great atmosphere, simple food well done” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kent
“Great atmosphere, simple food well done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had dinner here when staying at the nearby Hilton hotel. The food was lovely, well cooked and tasty and good value. They were short staffed but our waitress was excellent and the service didn't suffer at all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Berkshire
“Just wonderful....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

everytime I have visited the Green Room, it has been a pleasure. From great service to lovely food. Ok, so it might not win first prize for the most imaginative menu but the food they do serve, they do well!! The steak is always cooked to perfect and is delicious.
What I really like about it is the location and the ambience. I always feel relaxed and could happily stay there for hours enjoying the food and the company. There is never any pressure to leave because they need the table.
I celebrated my birthday there and would so again.
Keep up the good work!

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place whatever the occasion :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have had my sons christening party, a romantic dinner for 2 and a family meal out at this venue. I cant fault it. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the venue is comfortable.
I had a buffet for my sons christening party there and everyone commented on how great the food was and even took some home. I had a romantic meal out with my partner there and had food from the menu this time and we couldnt fault it. We returned there again last week to have a family meal out and they catered for my son as he is very fussy about his food and we had a lovely time there again.
We will be returning here for more meals and celebrations without hesitation as not only is the quality good, the staff friendly but its good value for money and the drinks are not expensive. I am always telling my friends and family to go there even if just for a relaxing evening drink as its great there. Dont miss out go and try it for yourself and you wont be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
berkshire
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend came for dinner on a Friday evening. I had heard about the restaurant and was excited about the menu as it all sounded yummy.
We both had the lamb kebab for starter, which both looked and tasted good. For the main course, I had the Thai green chicken curry and my friend had the Caribbean sausage. Both tasted really good and there was plenty on the plates.
Really nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and welcoming.

“good times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Came with my family and had a very good time. The butternut squash and parmesan soup was lovely and my mother had the ribs, which was great. I couldn't decide what wine to have but they let us try it before buying! Lovely friendly atmosphere but the music was a bit loud. But they did turn it down when we asked. Will come back for drinks with friends as the bar area was lovely.

• Visited March 2013