We stayed in the Vineyard hotel two nights in August because we wanted to visit Highclere Castle, where Downton Abbey is filmed. A Relais & Chateaux hotel, the Vineyard is very well appointed and a comfortable, relaxing place to stay. Our room was huge, and we had a small patio outside on a beautiful lawn. The free wifi worked well, and the food was good at breakfast and in the restaurant and bar at dinner. I enjoyed having a large walk-in closet with extra outlets (since in the UK you can't have electrical outlets in the bathroom except for shavers). We called for coffee in the room both mornings, and it was delivered promptly with small pastries at no extra charge (breakfast was included in our room rate). The hotel is about 10 minutes drive to Highclere Castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vineyard has been described as a temple to Californian Wine. Just outside Newbury, about an hour from London, it certainly lives up to its reputation, and more.The cellar holds over 30,000 wines from the new and old worlds, as well as the award-winning estate wines of owner Sir Peter Michael.It is also celebrated for its contemporary French cooking, prepared byExecutive Chef Daniel Galmiche.Spacious contemporary suites, traditional bedrooms, an award winning spa and a private art collection to die for, make it the ideal venue for special events, weddings, and a delightful retreat for gourmands and the curious alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Vineyard At Stockcross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vineyard At Stockcross Hotel Newbury
- Vineyard At Stockcross Newbury
- Vineyard At Stockcross Hotel Newbury
- The Vineyard At Stockcross Newbury, England