Had lunch in the Wine Press for our wedding anniversary. Food was really good apart from the gravy which was watery and lacking in flavour. Told the staff it was our anniversary and had happy anniversary piped on our cheese plates - nice touch. Staff very attentive but smiles were noticeably lacking. This is a 4 star establishment but they were unable to give me Armagnac with my coffee and the cognac was not served in a brandy balloon!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following a recent £14 million redevelopment, this 111 room, privately owned 4-star country hotel in Newbury, Berkshire with a state of the art spa and 18 hole golf course, offers spa and golf break guests the perfect leisure destination. Rurally located in the heart of Berkshire's rolling countryside, Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa is home to England's most exciting new Health Club and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Donnington Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donnington Valley Newbury, England
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury