“Good for me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Park Hotel

You added Regency Park Hotel to your Saves list
Regency Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bowling Green Road | Thatcham, Newbury RG18 3RP, England   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Newbury
St Davids
“Good for me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Good facilities, nice hotel, great staff!

I like the place and the staff are fab. Honest review not connected to hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to use the Gym or pool ask for a room close to the leisure centre or you might have a wa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your feedback. All of us here are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have used this hotel on several occasions for family functions, always been impressed with the attitude of the people working at the hotel in whatever capacity. The rooms are large and clean with good amenities.
The package we had include a 3-course dinner, and all 10 of us found the food excellent.
There was a slight issue at breakfast where a group of us sat down and were served by three different waitresses who appeared just to mix up the order.
All in all I would recommend and will use again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your positive comments regarding both the hotel and the staff. Please be assured that your experience at breakfast will be fed back to the team in order to improve levels of service going forward. I am delighted to read that you have stayed with us on more than one occasion and hope that you will return again soon.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in an Executive room with a very good special offer. The room was a very good size, clean and comfortable. Rather hot and stuffy even with the windows open, but overall a pleasure to stay in. The food was much better than expected and no hardship to eat in the restaurant 2 nights in a row. The lemon posset dessert was exceptional! Staff were all very friendly and happy to help - this is so unusual these days and they should be commended for it. All in all a very positive experience and better than expected.

Room Tip: There was quite a lot of noise with windows open during the night - but there was a wedding party st...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Ms Morgan,
Thank you very much for your very kind comments following your recent stay here at the Regency. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I shall be pleased to share your feedback with the team and all of us look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Well what was I thinking, a lovely spa weekend turned into a nightmare, staff especially were so rude. Thought I walked into a Chave hotel, it's like the staff had never seen two indian girls. They could not cater for our needs, when they did they had so many hidden charges. Front line manager has no mangerial skills what so ever. Restaurant staff just talk all day no work, asked them to bring me toast both morning never received anything but so quick to charge me for couple of egg whites.
When we got to the spa, no bath robes oh dear some one forgot to do the washing! I have been to so many hotels with less stars and never complained but ths hotel should not even get 1 star! The staff made us feel very uncomfortable and to all those that are out there maybe looking to go, DO NOT DO IT,

Room Tip: My tip, do not go, it only caters for Chavs!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for you your review. I am obviously very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. You were on a dinner bed and breakfast package for 2 nights with some spa treatments on one of those days. Our prices for all the services outside of the package that you purchased are clearly presented on all the menus that you chose from. The absence of the bath robes was an oversight for which I apologise.

I have to say that your review is very one sided. Your behaviour on the first night left much to be desired and bordered on being abusive. This was even more evident when some other guests left the restaurant citing your behaviour as the reason for their early departure.

If you would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to discuss this matter further with you.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Here we are with another review written from the venue whilst staying here. The old saying of 1st impressions count has never been so true than when you stay in a hotel for the 1st time.

Nice modern decor, spacious and well appointed room, peaceful location, good service at reception, great leisure facilities. It stops there!

The bar - no atmosphere, no background music.. The place has no atmosphere!

The restaurant - I just ate in a restaurant at 7.30 with 3 tables (1+1+2) and three staff. Despite this I waited to be offered bread and another drink for ages but no one spotted them and I had to ask. The young staff seemed more interested in talking around the check in booth near the front door - what seems miles away from the customers . The food was at best ok and for the price WI,ply not worth it. I asked the waitress if he bell pork was crispy, she went to Ask the chef and came back proudly announcing that it was baked for 3 hours and so yes it had a lovely crispy skin. You old think with three hours of baking pork would just fall apart, wrong. The skin was fatty and floppy - no crackles in that crackling - and the meat was tougher than a chewy steak. I waited poised for my moment to comment when the waiter came, grabbed my plate and simply said "finished sir" and took it. At no point did any of the three staff check back during the meal. These are silly stupid things to get wrong and that can ruin a visit from someone that then jumps on trip advisor or worse still tells his many colleagues from the global business in which he works and whom all need rooms !! Food and beverage manager - please take note - its letting the rest of the place down - but thank you for keeping prices realistic on drinks at least.

Room Tip: 119 overlooks the car park but also has a balcony.nbitnnoisy with smokers out the front door though
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. On one hand I am delighted you were pleased with your first impressions, yet on the other very disappointed to learn of your poor dining experience. This really is not good enough and please accept my apologies. I have subsequently met with the Head Chef & Food & Beverage Manager to take on board your feedback and put in place some checks and balances to ensure better consistency.

I do hope that when you next visit Newbury on business that you will give us another chance and see for yourself that this really was a one off blip. Should this be the case then please feel free to contact me direct and I will happily make the necessary arrangements for you.

Great Missenden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights. Staff are friendly and rooms are kitted out ok without being exceptional and the service overall i received at dinner and breakfast was fine.
The big problem (for me) I have about this hotel is how bland and featureless it is. It suffers from its (presumably) early '80's/late '70s low architectural/building quality and there is not an ounce of character about the place. Soundproofing is weak, with every step of my neighbour on the floor above being transmitted through the ceiling to me, and the rooms are overheated with no aircon- it was all just very stuffy.

The hotel was filled with people like me (on business) during the week and lacked any vibrancy.
So while it ticked many of the basics I can't see this being the sort of place that anyone would really look forward to visiting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GaryOckwell, General Manager at Regency Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. I am very sorry that the hotel ambience did not fully meet your expectations. This is a popular business hotel during the week and at weekends we attract leisure guests who enjoy relaxing in our extensive club & spa.
Should you be visiting the area again, then please do contact me and I hope we can turn your 3 star stay in to something better.
oxon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had a very lovely night at the Regency. The pool and gym were very nice, with good gym and pool area. Jacuzzi and the steam room were very nice. The meal deal included in the price for £110 , was very tasyy with good service- always topping up the wine but not the water! The executive room was very clean and polished but there was only one large towel and bottle of water. Overall no complaints and a very good deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you were impressed with our facilities.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Been to Regency Park Hotel? Share your experiences!