“Short stay in November” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Newbury North

Save Saved
You added Hilton Newbury North to your Saves list
Hilton Newbury North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oxford Road | M4 Junction 13, Newbury RG20 8XY, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £39
Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Newbury
London, United Kingdom
“Short stay in November”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed en route to Bicester Village in November. When we arrived we thought we were going to have to pay an astronomical amount for parking, but you take your ticket to reception and they validate it which means you only pay £3 for parking per day. Our room was standard double, clean, everything we needed was in it. Nothing special, typical business-esq type of hotel. Quiet though. Breakfast, however was fantastic. Buffet style, Lots of choice, everything fresh, great service. We had a special deal of £69 for one night b & b which was a fantastic deal for a nice hotel with great breakfast!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PatriciaMaggs, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Newbury North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Sare2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.
I was pleased to read you had a lovely stay and you thought the Hilton breakfast was fantastic and great service.
I will pass your feedback onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
wakefield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

disabled husband but room was miles of walking even if you went on top floor lift was a long walk .no heating so were given portable heater which was placed in alley between bed and toilet my husband has walking dificulties so would have fallen over it .we booked 2 nights stayed 1 have tried contacting hilton customer services to complain and have had no reply my advice stay away 4star what a joke ive stayed in better budget hotels it gives hilton a bad name

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shirleybwakefield
Thank you for posting a review on this website.
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay at the hotel and for the issues that incurred during your stay.
I am grateful to you for bringing them to our attention and I will be following up your feedback with the facilities manager
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a dis-appointment, I had hope for a pleasant hotel to relax after some tiring days of travel on business. I had little time to choose so mistakenly went with the brand. It failed, I soon as you walk in you can feel the standard is low grade, the decor is tired, knocked about and uncared for. The landings don't smell fresh but stale and tired.

Add to this, when I was preparing to sleep, I pulled back the top cover only to find the bed poorly made with sheets unkempt and loose, and to top it all there was no hot water in the morning.

They did find me another room after the hot water debacle, but this was all hassle I didn't expect or pay for. The free WiFi I couldn't get to work and the restaurant prices were the only part of the experience that raised to expectation.

I blame myself, if I had taken a little more time I would read other trip advisor reviews and saved myself from a disappointing hassle. What a shame, but I will go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PatriciaMaggs, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Newbury North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear TimDrye
Thank you for your comments on this website.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.We are always undergoing constant change to improve guest experience and I have passed your feedback to all departments involved.
We hope to welcome you back in the future so that you can experience this for yourself.
Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked this for a meeting and overnight stay

Not all the bedrooms had been booked for us on arrival.

My room smelled of damp so I asked to be moved. After much fuss and hassle, I was eventually offered another room.

One of the ladies in our group was in her room when a man who had also been given the same room entered her room!! Much to the embarrasment of both my colleague and the man concerned! I was actually at Reception complaining about my room when the said Gentleman came back to Reception to ask for another UNOCCUPIED room!!

Dinner that evening was cold .. EVERY ONE OF OUR MEALS!! The explanation offered was that they had been busy with room service that evening ... Whaaat???????

The working lunch we had booked for our meeting the following day was missing a few of the items which were on the original menu! By the time they rectified this, we were all back in the meeting, as we had an agenda to work to!

Not a very good experience overall.

We did obtain a discount on the booking, but to be honest, this wasn't really the point ... we didn't expect this level of service from one of the Hilton Hotel chain!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I usually stay at this hotel due to work purposes and over the years I have found the standard of this hotel going down considerably.
Lately the housekeeping has been very sloppy and each time you go in for breakfast there would be no clean tables. it seems that they have shortage of staff.
They also keep changing the chefs which means if you liked something one week and ordered same thing another week, it would be completely different and there is no consistency in the food.
The checkouts are quite slow as well.

I really think they should be training up their staff to do a better job. You really cant relate this hotel to be in Hilton Group.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nidhi1385

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website.
We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel.
We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.
We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Brought a voucher through groupon for a spa day with lunch. Pool , sauna and steam room excellent and very quiet midweek. Gym adequate but fairly small. The lunch was very impressive with sandwiches, cakes and sparkling wine. Tip for drivers - parking would normally cost around £7 for the hours in the spa but you can pick up a free exit ticket on the reception of the leisure centre- this is not offered to you so make sure you ask if not available!!!
Easy to get to location on m4/a34 junction. Didn't have an overnight stay so can't comment on room but reception area and dining area were clean, efficient and welcoming with a nice wood fire burning.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Oufclad
Thank you so much for posting a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the pool, sauna and steam room during your spa day at the Hilton North.
Also that the sandwiches and sparkling wine were very delicious.
We look forward to seeing again in the future .
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are similar to a Travelodge or Premier Inn; they're ok but nothing special. The only difference is that there is a pool and a small gym. However, considering how much the normal rate is, this is a bit dissapointing. Food in the bar was also very average.

Anoyingly, guests are charged £5 per night to park

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PatriciaMaggs, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Newbury North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear ben76
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
Your observations and opinions are appreciated and we always welcome both positive and negative feedback.
I was sorry to read that you thought we were an average Hotel but we look forward to the opportunity to impress you on your next stay.

Been to Hilton Newbury North? Share your experiences!