“Warm comfortable stay - can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lonsdale Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Lonsdale Villa
You added Lonsdale Villa to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Lonsdale Road, Scarborough, England   |
Ranked #32 of 182 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Warm comfortable stay - can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just back from a lovely stay at the Lonsdale. I went to the Stephen Joseph Theatre which is an easy 15 minute walk away. Both Jackie and Grant were very friendly and ensured I had everything I needed. The weather was cold but my room was very warm and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The Lonsdale is in an excellent position - it is a lovely picturesque walk into town with wonderful views and plenty of places to eat in the evening. When next in Scarborough I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just had a lovely short stay at the Lonsdale Villa. The hotel is spotless and has an excellent decor, Jackie and Grant are very helpful suggesting walks to take, and excellent hosts. The hotel is a short walk to the centre and 2 minutes from the beach. I have stayed at this hotel several times and hope to return very soon. Many thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lovely, welcoming and very clean guest house. Jackie and Grant very friendly and excellent hosts. Lovely walks long or short from Lonsdale. Went to Olivers Mount and stopped in cafe for coffee and cake!! Definitely see you again in Spring and already recomended to friends.
P.S Just noticed recent review from "moonfox". Cannot believe their comments but I think everyone elses first class reviews speak for themselves!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Londay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have just had a wonderful 2 night stay.Wonderful accommodations, great atmosphere
Jackie and Grant are so friendly. Amazing breakfast and a really beautiful room with free WIFI
Thank you, I will be back in May.
Jacinta Salahuddin

Room Tip: I was in room 5, street facing so so quiet excellent
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This guest house is spotlessly clean but thats about it.......very poor breakfast choice for the cost of the holiday.
Didn't feel very welcome and would not return...owners may have possibly had an off week but it is not somewhere i would recommend....felt that the whole approach was about money rather than having an enjoyable holiday, just seemed that you were a hinderance to put up with and for what they charge felt like we could have been made to feel more welcome

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackie H, Owner at Lonsdale Villa, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
This is a very difficult Management Response to write as I have no idea who “Moonfox” is, and I have no records of this reviewer having stayed at The Lonsdale Villa. The only information I have regarding “Moonfox” is from the Trip Advisor profile-a female aged between 50 and 64 years that lives in Scotland and stayed at The Lonsdale Villa in May 2012, and travelled as a couple.
Every Guest is asked to complete a Registration form on arrival. I have checked every one of our Registration cards for 2012; we didn’t have a couple that stayed in May 2012 from Scotland. In fact the only couples we had staying from Scotland were on 6 August 2012 (with a young child), 17 August 2012 (again with a young child) 27 August 2012 and 17 October 2012.
I have no way of contacting the Reviewer other than through the Trip Advisor messaging centre. I sent two very polite messages to the reviewer expressing my concern over her comments and asked for the name the booking was made under and the exact dates of her stay so that I could prepare a full Management Response to her comments. Both messages have been acknowledged though the details I requested regarding her name and the dates of her stay have not been forthcoming. I also expressed concern to the Reviewer that if their stay had been so terrible (out of the 6 categories we were given 4 “terrible” ratings) why nothing had been said at the time and why if they stayed in May 2012 it took until January 2013 (8 months later) to post a review .
I am unable to take this matter any further as I have no means of contacting the Reviewer, other than through the Trip Advisor Messaging Centre. Unfortunately I can’t do this as after sending my two polite messages “Moonfox” has blocked me from sending any more messages to her through Trip Advisor.
Please “Moonfox” will you do the decent thing, reveal your identity and contact me either through the Trip Advisor Messaging Centre or through the phone number and e mail address given on our website and supply me with your name and the dates you stayed so that I can look into this matter further. If this information is not received I can only conclude that this is a review that has been inadvertently posted on the wrong property. Anybody reading our reviews can see that this review is entirely inconsistent with all of the other reviews posted.
There is nothing more that I can say.
Jackie Hull
hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This clean well kept accommodation has friendly proprietors who provide an excellant choice of cereals at breakfast it is not far from the spa and the south bay and we will definitley go back again soon

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just had great two night stay at this spotlessly clean guest house. This was our fourth visit and as usual Grant`s breakfast was first class, along with everything else, service , friendliness and nothing too much trouble. Will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lonsdale Villa? Share your experiences!