“christmas meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 303 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: English, British, Pub, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Three Jolly Sailos has a reputation for its good food and its friendly and warm atmosphere it is a good place to eat, drink and be merry. Our traditional menu, along with our Sunday menu, the majority being made on the premises will suit most peoples taste and can be enjoyed whether you are a local or a visitor. We serve cask ales
Luton, United Kingdom
“christmas meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

went for a meal with my parents and ordered from the christmas menu - great garlic mushrooms and the pate was awesome! for mains we ordered the salmon in a lemon & dill sauce and pork in a cranberry & red onion sauce, which were both very good. homemade baileys cheesecake was excellent, although the base was a bit too thick! good beer. great atmosphere (we were sat in the bottom lounge near the open fire). very reasonably priced. would definitely recommend and go again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
“pre xmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

the rib eye steak was to die for perfectly cooked the gammon and salmon were also excellent good food at a fair price.the owners have done a superb job its as good as when they had the providence at yedingham.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ambleside, United Kingdom
“great village pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our third visit here and time I reviewed it. Normally I enjoy the roast or gammon and eggs. You can't really go wrong with these. On this occasion I tried the steak "from the griddle". With that description it would be fair to expect a juicy steak, charred on the outside and cooked to your liking on the inside. My steak arrived rare on the inside as I requested but with non existent charring. On the outside, it remaining a strange sort of pinky colour. It looked like it had been hurriedly defrosted or cooked in a water bath. It was also extremely tough and I gave most of it to my dog.
Having said all that, my wife enjoyed her fish pie. Being only minutes from the sea, I am surprised that fresh fish ( apart from salmon) does not feature more widely on the menu.
Service good, though table was not wiped before we ate. Maybe The Sailors are becoming too successful for their own good. I hope not.
I would return, but would avoid the steak like the plague!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“An example to others ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visited friends in Burniston at the weekend. Suggested this pub/restaurant as we'd had good food here before. Booked a table; heard that they had 'live music' on Sat evening - so nearly went elsewhere! However, service was as good as before; food was well up to standard and the music provided by Mike and Jeff was most enjoyable. These two guys shouldn't just be playing in pubs - they deserve a far wider audience and I, for one, would definitely go to listen to them again. Well done to Annie and Steve (the landlords) and Mike and Jeff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent menue, wholesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our food was well cooked and the service excellent.....Would recommend the lamb cutlets....
A lovely log fire welcomed us, and the staff where friendly and attentive.....The landlady was bubbly and welcoming.....All in all, a pleasant experience and will definitely be going again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food