“Quantity not quality” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lincolnshire
“Quantity not quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went to this restaurant while on a recent break in Scarborough as Chinese is my husband's favourite food.The service was fine and polite, you are limited to 4 starters between two people and can only order 4 dishes for the main meal to begin with.The lemon chicken just had lemon juice squirted on, no sauce, rice was plentiful but all the other dishes we tried were very bland and tasteless. Because of their rule about not leaving dishes you feel obliged to eat them even if they are not so nice! Certainly not a place I would go to again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Derby, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We took family with us on this visit to the Red Dragon, who had not been before and they thought it was very good value with plenty of choice.
The only thing that was mentioned is that they noticed that the waiters were sometimes talking in their own language and then looking at certain tables and laughing as though they were poking fun at some of their customers, probably just looked like they were.
We will certainly be visiting in September when we are back in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Great as always.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have visited this Mongolian Buffett restaurant for many years and never ever been disappointed.
The food is very good because it arrives in very small portions which permits trying out lots of different dishes.
The only down side is possibly the noisy small children which can occasionally be overwhelming during the evening 'happy hour'.

Visited June 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Fab food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wow had my birthday meal here on Tuesday. The staff are so friendly, they were so good with my 4 year old.
The food is excellent and there is plenty of it too. Fantastic value for money!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
yorkshire
“Sadly Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have always loved Red Dragon, even when I lived away and always returned there for a treat. I went a few weeks ago with my mum and left utterly disappointed with the whole meal. The Satay chicken starter tasted like very reconstituted chicken (full of water and not full of taste), the duck was crispy but to the point that it cut my mouth and we left most of it. the main courses again tasted like reconsituted meat, very little real flavour and one dish which was meant to be mushroom and beef had no beef in it!!!

we complained to the staff and were assured that nothing had changed so they were unsure why we would be unhappy, only to be told by another staff member that there was a new chef in, so they clearly contradicted themselves. they didn't charge us for the duck, but our meal was still a whopping £26 which was sadly £26 wasted as we didn't enjoy the meal at all! I have been hesitant to comment on here as I have always loved Red Dragon, for many many years, but now would not step foot in the place as I think it's just gone s down hill. Sorry Red Dragon but this has needed to be said as the quality has diminished!

Visited May 2014