“Fantastic Icecreams” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Icecreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went here in August for a 'snack' and some icecream. The snacks turned out to be monster sandwiches which were tasty, well made and really worth the money. The icecreams are out of this world, so much choice and so tasty, full of fresh fruit and real cream, a real treat on a hot day.

• Visited August 2012

Oxford, United Kingdom
“My favourite ice cream parlour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I remembered Alzoni's from when I visited Scarborough as a child, and so it was a must for us to stop off at when we recently stayed in the area. We were not disappointed. I had a delicious sundae and my husband had waffles, both deserts were beautifully presented.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great for a sea side treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a great place for an ice cream treat. Atmosphere is great sat up on the high stools watching the staff prepare the drinks and ice creams - very nostalgic from my childhood. We went last weekend and because of the gorgeous weather Scarborough was heaving with queues at Alzoni's, we had to wait for a seat. The waitresses were very friendly despite working flat out and the woman next to me moaning because she had to wait to be served. It's great to see places like this busy in the current economic climate as it's not cheap (£5.75 for a knickerbocker glory), I guess ice cream will always be a priority for people! We shared 2 between 4 of us (they are quite large!) and the waitress kindly gave us 4 spoons. I can see this will be a regular visit every time we go to Scarborough now.

UK
“Wonderful 1960's Ice Cream Parlour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Entering Alonzi's Ice Cream Parlour is like stepping back into the50/60's.What a fantastic place,a must visit for all.Fabulous combinations of ice creams and milkshakes and waitresses in yellow tunics to match the decor.Fabulous.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Just heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My absolute favourite ice-cream parlour in the world! Milky coffee is delicious. The ice-cream is of the proper, old fashioned creamy scooped variety and the homemade sauces are perfect. I have loved sitting on the high bar stools since I was tiny, as has my grandad! It was a very special moment to see my little son sitting next to his great grandad at the bar sharing an ice-cream! The manageress was very friendly and chatted to us at length as it was quiet when we went. We were staying in Scarborough for the week and visited several times and were always thrilled with what we received. I think it is very good value too as the quality is top notch. Just fabulous!

My only slight moan is that it used to open late on an evening so you could have a walk on the front then pop in for a hot chocolate but now the inside closes at 6 and only the outside kiosk is open serving ice-creams.