“long time favourite” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
middlesbrough
“long time favourite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been going here for a number of years when I am in the area and although I have tried I cannot seem to get passed the dressed crab salad which never disappoints (although I was tempted with the seafood stew on this occasion I still went back to my old favourite). Beautifully presented it was almost a shame the short work I made of it. Husband had a huge portion of fish and chips which he loved.
Good service and a great view across the harbour.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“NEARLY KILLED MY TODDLER”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

went today at about 13:00 ordered 2 large cod and chips and one childs fish fingers. The fish and chips were ok a bit bland and overpriced to be honest. But when I took a small piece of my childs fish finger to dip into my sauce I noticed 2 quite large bones in just one mouthful and to top it off she was borking with one in her mouth. Thankfully I got it out but I was horrified at what could have happened. I went to pay the bill after informing the waitress to be greeted by the manager who thaught he was charging me for the childs meal. Well I told him in no uncertain terms I was not. He was not happy about it and never even appologised. Discusting behaviour

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Popped into here during a weekend in scarborough,was served quickly by excellent staff. I ordered the whitby scampi and my partner had the veggie lasange,my plate was FULL when it arrived,proper chip shop chips and loads of scampi with a salad and coleslaw,so much i couldnt finish it.! Would definately come here again on another visit to scarborough

“" chips "”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Agree with Jon about chips whether it's the type of potatoes or they have been reheated i can not say but fish was lovely and staff were great . Toilets were clean but been upstairs, was a bit of a climb.Would go back the next time I go to Scarborough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We are staying in Whitby for a week and came to Scarborough for one of our days out. We only wanted a light lunch so choose this place, we ordered a jacket Potato with tuna, soup of the day with a toasted baguette and a cheese sandwich.

The jacket Potato was microwave cooked and hard in places and the tuna straight out of a tin, no seasoning or mayo . The soup was tomato I think a jar of passata and a tin of chopped tomatoes were reduced until tart and thick so much it made me squint and the baguette was half of a pre bake one you get in a supermarket. And finally the cheese sandwich was cheap value line bread with grated red Leicester cheese, no pickles or chutney was offered. This was all accompanied with a pot of tea for three and came to a extortionate £21.50, I would have given it one star but the staff were pleasant.

Overall find some where better there's lots to choose from.