“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Filey, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Visited once again for fathers day this time. Food consistently good and well presented. Massive portions. Service good. Be sure to book to eat in this place. Very popular and as locals, highly recommended

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Midlands
“Massive Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Despite looking a little run down inside The Foxhounds is lovely. Food is good and staff are normally cheery and friendly. Whenever were up this way we always pop in to visit.

Visited May 2014
West Yorkshire
“Really enjoyed !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We enjoyed the food so much we went back the next day to eat again!!

A few things I'd like to say tho': Yes - the portion sizes are huge! I ordered a "small roast dinner" beautiful, tender meat, fresh veg and a battered parsnip!!! :-) We really enjoyed it, but struggled to clean our plates: we felt bad and wasteful leaving part of it.

We decided to go back the next night, but was reluctant to order a main. We had a mixed meat salad and decided to play it safe and share, it was again beautifully presented and unbelievably huge! I just question ..why so large portions? Sometimes it's true... Less is more! We would have been very happy to have less food for the same price and might even have ordered a pudding or starter?

I felt we missed out not being able to enjoy the starter and pudding menu :-(.. I don't mean to be negative, I just can't understand it, that's all!

Please go along and try out the beautiful food but don't eat anything that day!! Maybe share a main course, then you can kenjoy a starter and pudding!! :-) The service was excellent too :-)

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Yorkshire
“Decided to see what all the fuss was about! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I'd heard so many good reports about this place, mainly in reference to the portion sizes that decided to try it ourselves.

Despite it being busy Sunday lunchtime, we managed to get seated almost instantly, no waiting around. Ordered a starter to share followed by the giant Yorkshire pudding with mixed meat. Wow! The meat was tender and plenty of it. Delicious meal all round.

The waiting staff were efficient & friendly, always busy as there seemed to be a constant through flow of people. Will definitely be back!

Only negative for me, is the car park. The bays are tiny with barely any room to manoeuvre in or out. It was absolute carnage trying to get out! Needs more space.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Very nice, will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We went for lunch today and we will be back again soon. Good value for money and good quality pub food.
I wasn't sure what to expect as our last few attempts at eating out have not been good experiences.
The meals are very large (don't think I will be having any tea). One thing my husband always moans about, is portion size. He couldn't finish his meal their was so much. He really didn't want to leave it as it was nice but he couldn't eat it all.
My husband had a mixed meat salad, with a portion of chips. I had a steak baguette with onion rings, side salad and chips. Both meals were very nice and very filling and massive portions.
The waitress was very friendly and nice. The Lady behind the bar was not as friendly, which to start with made us think twice about ordering food. But glad we did.
We ate outside in the beer garden as it was a sunny afternoon. We came early in the afternoon just about opening time and while we were there,their was a steady stream of people coming to eat.

• Visited May 2014