“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
nerja
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just driving around and looking for a country pub for lunch and found the Foxhound Inn so glad we did. My wife and I chose Haddock, chips and peas and our son chicken tikka. Couldn't believe the size of the meals when they arrived. We concentrated on eating the very large crisply battered fish and had to abandon most of the excellent chips. The curry was consumed in total by our son. We were so impressed that we went back the following day and my wife's Turkey roast dinner was not only humungus but the turkey was the tastiest we've ever had. Could not give less than 5 stars.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

York, United Kingdom
“Good, honest food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited here after a lovely day out at Sledmere House. It was our second visit after it was recommended to us by my parents. As usual, the place was quite full and no wonder. Seated quickly we thoroughly enjoyed our fish and chips, bread and mushy peas. The Sunday dinners also looked fantastic with astronomic servings. We had no room for dessert and all at a very reasonable price. Non fussy, good quality food, suitable for all the family. Can't wait to go back x

Visited September 2013
Shipley
“Excellent Food,Very helpful staff but .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had lunch with my husband we have healthy appetites but this was just too much... The food was excellent but the plates were too full which was a bit off putting. We noticed that hardly anyone in the pub finished there meal, so I feel the amount of wasted food would be enormous.
As we are older 58-65 age group it would have been nice to have a quiet spot somewhere as the pub is big enough, but it was full of children shouting and screaming.
The other thing is that there was some sort of music playing but very low so with the TV's on also it was hard to listen to anything.
As I said the staff were extremely helpful but I did miss Black Pepper there was none!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food but takes too long to arrive.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Having had a bad experience in April this year I thought I'd give it another go. Four of us went in on a Saturday night. The pub was very busy and to be fair we were told there was about an hours wait for food. We ordered and waited. And waited. Our four meals arrived after an hour and fifty minutes. We got an apology from the poor waitress but it's not good enough to have to wait that long. It's a real shame because the food is excellent and good value if only it arrived a bit quicker. Sadly though I won't be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Definately would return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were advised to go here by a work friend. I had Yorkshire Pudding with beef which was on the £6 menu. Very nice.
The wife had the bbq chicken baguette off the main menu. Once again very nice in fact there was too much and the wife had it bagged up and had it for tea. The food was very good at a reasonable price. We will return

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere