“well done!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Scarborough
“well done!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Great food! And top quality service thank you everyone at tuscany too!!!!!

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

plymouth
“Awfull food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed in Scarborough on business for a week and gave this place a try. I've travvelled round Italy and this is not Italian food. Every single dish looked as though it was drowned in cheap sauce. I had chicken something or other and really didn't enjoy it. Even Ask which is a chain down by the harbour is better food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TuscanyTOO, Manager at tuscany TOO, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
we are very sorry that in this singolare occasion we are not been able to satisfy our occasional customer's taste.we are always trying to keep high the reputation build in all this year using only the best quality ingredient to cook any individual dish. we are sorry that you or any other component in your party have not try to keep the management attention give us the chance to leave you happy and satisfy before to go. we dont like consider any customer suggestion a complaint, if properly made.
London, United Kingdom
“Cheesy .... in the right way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Service finished at 9.30, I walked in at 9.10 with no booking and it was a bank holiday. All of this was no problem to the friendly energetic staff who greeted me warmly.

I ordered the portobello mustroom with stilton sauce and the crespella (pancakes stuffed with spinach and ricotta) Before the starter arrived I was given a complimentary taster of their homemade bread with seasoned tomatoes and olive oil which was delicious and bode very well for the food to come.

The starter was amazing. I mean kiss-the-chef-with-passion amazing. Quite the best stilton sauce I have ever had. Not at all salty but with a strong cheese taste and a satisfying bite provided by the added breadcrumbs. The mushroom was delicious as well. All too often lately, restaurants use huge, watery, tasteless portobellos with no taste or flavour to them. Not so here, the mushroom was medium sized and very tasty. I loved it.

I loved the main too, although it was very mild after such a strong tasting starter. To finish the starter, I was dipping the raw onions which were part of the side salad into the cheese sauce which kind of drowned the taste of the milder crespella dish for the first few mouthfulls. However once, I got into it, the tastes were there. The mild cheesyness of the sauce, the softness of the pancake which was firm and soft, the subleness of the spinach and ricotta mix. Just lovely!

I had no room for dessert after indulging in a starter and a main. Think I will save that treat for my next visit.

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windermere
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

We returned here for a meal and were just as impressed second time round.
Delicious food, nice atmosphere, good wine, pleasant attentive service and good value.
We enjoyed well prepared and presented meat, fish and vegetarian dishes and will i am sure return in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“Beautiful genuine Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is a lovely little place, out of the town centre on Filey Road.

The food is a little more expensive than other Italian restaurants in the town, but for the quality of the food it's definitely worth it, and I'd say that the food is more genuinely Italian than others in Scarborough! Delicious!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere