“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

2 Peasholm Avenue, Scarborough YO12 7NE, England   |
Ranked #103 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in hotels to numerous to mention over the years I can say without a doubt that The Hillcrest is second to none! I was made to feel like one of the family with it's warmth and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast was the best I've had the pleasure of eating. I am counting the weeks until my next visit.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed in the Hillcrest Hotel for 2 nights B&B Frid and Sat 7th + 8th October, for our Annual Reunion. Arrived 1 hour early and was greeted by Lyn, no problem for been early, I was shown to my Room, to my surprise a Double Room instead of a Single one. The Room was very clean and a good size to say it was a Attic Room, The Breakfast ,you must have a Full English First Class.
There is only 2 of road Car Parking spaces, but Lyn or Tony will give you a Parking Disc to cover you for your stay, so you can Park on the streets outside of the Hotel.
This a very friendly Hotel I can Recommend a Stay any tine Pete

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oxfordshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at Hillcrest for 2 nights due to abandoned camping trip. Very warm welcome and happy to accommodate us at extremely short notice.

Recently renovated room was clean, tidy and well appointed. Hotel us in quiet residential road close to Peasholm Park and about 10 minutes walking into Scarborough centre.

Breakfast was very tasty. Choice of cereal, juice and a full cooked breakfast. Perfect fried eggs and plenty of toast.

Hosts are friendly and very helpful with directions etc. Parking is by disc which hosts include in room rate.

Better than many other Scarborough b&b. We'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

The only downside was there really wasn't anywhere for my husband to read his newspaper !
Our bedroom was smallish but extremely clean with a large bathroom. There were lots of nice touches everywhere and I wouldn't hesitate to book this accommodation again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I came to the Hilcrest Hotel for a night with my partner, it was really nice, homely and cosy.
When we arrived we got our keys straight away to settle into the room, the room wasn't very big but perfect for a nights stay, it was clean and cosy. The TV was great and it had a lovely bathroom.

The location was great! Quick and Easy. 10 minute walk to the town center and a 2 min taxi ride (very cheap)

The evenings we spoke to the owners to ask about the nightlife and how to get to areas because we didn't know the area. They were a great help.

The only downside to our stay was sometimes we felt like we were intruding for example in the evening we wanted to go get drinks at the bar but they shut the door and turned the lights out. It wasn't a problem to ask them to but it felt wrong to.

Great Food!
Polite owners
Lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

7 of us descended on tony and lynne's hotel as we were attending a show at the futurist theatre in scarborough and were over the moon with our choice.
very friendly welcome, rooms nicely decorated and furnished and en-suite,
lcd tv with freeview in room as well as tea/coffee making facilities.
5 minute from futurist by taxi
the breakfast the next morning was worth the trip alone.
forget the rubbish you get in 4* hotels abroad this a FULL english breakfast
juice, cereal, as much toast as you could eat then a freshly cooked breakfast of egg,bacon,sausage,tomato,beans and hash brown.
this is a hotel i will be returning to nothing too much trouble and very reasonable drinks prices from their bar.

• Liked — tony and lynne
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
janrw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

I've stayed at the Hillcrest last weekend and I recommend it.

The hotel is on the small side, located in a quiet residential area and inside it's clean and unpretentious. My bedroom wasn't big but perfect for two nights. The small ensuite had an electric shower which was fine. The TV set didn't have very good reception but as I forgot to mention it to the owners...can only blame myself.

At breakfast, you can chose cereals, continental or English breakfast. Everything was fresh and the toasts were perfect, something that sometimes you don't find in big hotels.

It's in a good location but no sea views. I's less than a two minute walk to the park which deserves a visit. To the seafront, probably more like a fifteen minutes walk.

Friendly owners who even will pay for your street car parking.

Thanks very much Lynn and Tony for a nice weekend.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Hillcrest? Share your experiences!