“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crescent Hotel

You added The Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
The Crescent Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   The Crescent | Belvoir Terrace, Scarborough YO11 2PP, England   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We have just spent two weeks in May driving around the UK and I have great pleasure in stating our two nights at The Crescent Hotel were among the best and by far represented the best value for money. The room was spacious, immaculately clean and well appointed. The bed was a dream and the breakfast was first class, as was the attitude and service from both Staff and Management. Do yourself a favour and spend some time here. Thank you to all at The Crescent for a wonderfull stay. Regards, John and Tracy from Australia.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed for 10 days and found it to be a home from home and that is nice in a Hotel when you are working away miles from your loved ones
Management and staff were very friendly and it seemed like there was always someone around to assist you or pass the time of day. Do try the Crescents’ famous home made crisps the best I have ever tasted , but be careful that they do not spoil your appetite as the reflections restaurant has a great menu . The Hotel has a nice atmosphere and the rooms are always clean and tidy .everything you require in the rooms plenty of wardrobe and cupboard space .I certainly made use of the tea and coffee while using the speedy wifi connection. The landlord shared my sense of humour and still hasn’t returned it ,Hope to collect next time I visit

Room Tip: During my stay I notice any questions or requests were dealt with in a very courteous manner by the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

It's good, but not quite perfect. The superior rooms on the corner of the hotel are spacious with large double aspect windows and the luxury of a window in the (reasonably sized) bathroom. But public areas and landings are a little bit shabby and, for the high price, there are petty meannesses, like no biscuits on the teatray, no conditioner or body lotion and extortionate phone charges. But most of what you expect is there: iron and ironing board, free wifi, etc. Parking in The Crescent is a bit of a chore: you have to buy parking tickets and time yourself carefully. However, it's a 5 minute (level) walk from the railway station, and really close to the centre and the sea. We didn't try the restaurant: an average looking menu and pretty deserted. A problem with one of the rooms was not fixed promptly in spite of being reported. However much was redeemed by a lovely waitress and good quality food at breakfast. She gave us the Yorkshire welcome we had expected from the hotel's ratings, and remembered our preferences. There are boutique hotels opening, and a good value B and B next door, so perhaps The Crescent will raise its game

Room Tip: Corner room is worth the upgrade if you want space
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I had to spend a night in Scarborough on business and found this by checking Tripadvisor, as I often do.
Reviews seemed good so I went for it.
First positive was that by going directly to the hotel website I saved over £20 from the prices quoted by the various booking agencies!
A bit hard to get to by car, owing to the awful one=way system, but once there I was warmly welcomed.
The room was very comfortable, with a view of Scarborough Castle, and well appointed.
Bathroom was excellent, although I didn;t have time to luxuriate in the bath.
Evening meeting over-ran slightly and I was disappointed that when I got back to the hotel just after 8:30 the restaurant was already closed. However, very useful advice from the friendly young lady on reception sent me to an excellent Italian restaurant just a few minutes walk away.
After a good night's sleep the breakfast was superb. Freshly cooked to order and not stinting on portion size - in fact I was overwhelmed by it.
Overall an excellent place to stay, good location, excellent rooms and superb staff.
Ten out of ten!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here couple of nights. In need of a bit of refurbishment but good food and quite nice bar area. Evidence of penny pinching include heating turned off during the day even though cold outside and no touches such as biscuits on tea tray etc. Despite good food and generally good stay put off for future stays due to aforementioned " economies"

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have been to this hotel a few times the service is always friendly, the rooms very well kept and spacious with lovely decor. But this was the first time we ate in the Reflections restaurant and the food was beautiful, infact it was that nice we ate in the restaurant both nights. I would highly recommend and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Crescent Hotel in Scarborough is situated near the centre of town and the seafront is an easy (downhill) 10 minute walk. The Railway Station, Stephen Joseph Theatre and Westborough - the main street, is a 5 minute walk.
My room was on the second floor and had a balcony that looked over The Crescent itself and the sea was just about visible through the trees. The room was quiet - I didn't hear any 'hotel noise' and even with the balcony doors open there was nothing to disturb my stay. The gulls all kept a respectful distance and their distant calls were not in any way an intrusion.
The hotel and my room were very clean and well maintained - I noticed a 5-Star food hygiene rating, which is the highest - and all the facilities in my room worked - TV, WiFi, hairdryer, tea and coffee making etc. My room had plenty of storage - (drawers and wardrobe) and was a good size. It was warm and there was plenty of hot water. There was a bath and the shower was easy to work and was powerful.
The breakfast was first rate (the scrambled eggs were cooked to order and to perfection) and served with a smile. All of the staff were cheerful and helpful, especially the reception staff and after-hours night porter. I didn't try the bar or the evening's restaurant but if the cooking is a similar standard to the breakfast it should be good. I visited the town by train, so I can't comment on the availability of parking. The Crescent has parking and I noticed a few spaces but I think it might get busy. It would be good, I think, to check with the hotel.
I'm scratching my head for any down-sides to my weekend stay at The Crescent Hotel, but I can't think of any. Except, perhaps, that my weekend visit was all too brief. I will have no hesitation in returning for another stay and highly recommend The Crescent Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!