“If you want an excellent stay - look no further!” 5 of 5 stars

Raincliffe Hotel
21 Valley Road, Scarborough YO11 2LY, England   |
Ranked #10 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Kalix, Sweden
“If you want an excellent stay - look no further!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I can highly recommend this lovely establishment with the most wonderful hosts there are to find. Mal and Katherine are simply the best doing all they can to make you feel comfortable and at ease. This was my second stay at 'Raincliffe' this year and the reason I went back was the friendly atmosphere and the lovely room where I slept like a queen. When first visiting Scarborough this summer I first thought I would not go back as it is a long train tour from the airport, however when I had some time off this autumn, my first thought was; 'The Raincliffe', so I went back for a short stay of 6 days, with my family who also enjoyed their stay. I can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Kalix, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I went to Scarborough together with my parents this fall. My mum had stayed at the Raincliffe once before, and from what she had told us about her stay, we had high expectations. Our expectations were very well met, and we went on to having a very lovely holiday. Mal and Katherine made us feel right at home - I don't think I've ever stayed at a more welcoming and friendlier place. Our room was so nice with comfortable beds and nice decor. The service was excellent and the food superb. To top it off, the Raincliffe is situated near town, making it very easy to reach shops and restaurants by foot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel, but it had been highly recommended by a relative.
We had a lovely relaxing weekend and will certainly stay again.
The location is great, the hotel is beautifully clean and nicely furnished. Catherine was a warm and friendly host and the breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left Catherine and Mal was a fantastic host:) Breakfast was fantastic and BIG a good variety to choose from. We stayed in a superior room which was well worth it! Very warm and comfortable thank you for a wonderful stay! Recommend

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

this is our second visit to this hotel, it was again very relaxing, a very good breakfast and a very good nights sleep, we will be returning next year, the location is very good and parking is easy
we use this as a base to visit Whitby and other surrounding areas, we were 3 couples, 1 couple it was a first time visit and they were so impressed that they are going back for a weekend break on there own! we may join them

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend break (minus the kids!) From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The unexpected upgrade to the four poster room made our stay even more enjoyable! The bed was soooo comfortable, and the room had everything we needed. The breakfast was good too. The location of the hotel is also good - within walking distance of the sea front, shops and Spa with on street parking right outside for a minimal fee. I would definitely return to this hotel. Thank you :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Returning for the third time in three years, I found all the proposed building work and renovations completed (to a really high standard), and the friendly welcome from Katherine and Mal made me feel well and truly at home. I stayed for four weeks and enjoyed every single moment of it. My room was tastefully furnished, the bed really comfortable, and the food was truly excellent.
I dined in every single evening because Mal's cooking is unsurpassable, and he always uses local produce cooked fresh each day. My idea of heaven! I will return at the earliest opportunity.

Room Tip: I was delighted with single occupancy of a standard double room, but there are also some really love...