“Casino visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #230 of 304 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: English
“Casino visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have never been to a casino before so was expecting something like vegas, was very pleasantly surprised. A guy in the hotel had told me there was a poker tournament and I fancied a go so off I went. No need for ID, no dress code. The guy at the door was very friendly, explained as a non-member could only take £1500 away (like that was likely) A pint of Fosters for £2,50 in probably the nicest bar in Scarborough, The food was good and very reasonable prices. The poker dealer could not have been more friendly and helpful to a new player as were the other players, I went with £100 assuming I would lose it, I lost £80 on re buys (yes, I am that bad) but really enjoyed it. £20 on the tables, again, all the dealers could not have been more friendly or helpful. I told them I had my £100 limit and having got back my £100 on various table games the croupiers said you have had a good night out, you have your stake back, don't play anymore and you have had a free night out! I took their advice and indeed found I had been in there for 6 hours, a meal and several drinks had cost nothing. One croupier said they were more concerned about people having a good experience rather than lose loads of money and in my case this was true. If your in doubt, definitely try it out, go early evening as it does fill with teenagers on a Saturday night.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“do not like people!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

what a horrible place, the management are so rude its untrue, the blonde haired women who where's glasses is totally no fit for purpose she should be ashamed to call herself management.... costing the establishment a lot of money....

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Always worth a visit you never know what lady luck will do. Very nice surroundings, really like it here.

Visited November 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It seems to be going a bit downhill i'm afraid! I will say it is well furnished and decorated inside, and the bar area is quite pleasant, but it just seems to be lacking something that is had a few years ago. I hope it gets it back as the actual casino is quite cool to have in the town.

Visited October 2013
Doncaster
“anything goes here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the kind of place you go to when youve given up on senses and rationality - late bar till 6am (I think, thats when I left...) full mix of casino tables

Visited September 2013