“Tried it at last” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scarborough Surf School

Scarborough Surf School
Cayton Bay Surf Shop | Killerby Cliff, Cayton Bay, Scarborough YO11 3NR, England
+44 1723 585585
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 Activities in Scarborough
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Scarborough's original fully qualified and insured surf school based at Cayton Bay. We offer surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle board lessons and from 2013 Coasteering along the the beautiful Yorkshire coastline. We also have a full range of hire equipment from wetsuits to Paddleboards. We cater for group lessons, families and stag or hen dos regularly.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
scarborough
“Tried it at last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have lived in Scarborough for about 20 years now and have always wondered what this surfing game was all about so thought I better give it a try.... Tomo and the guys were great and very experienced , being a total beginner I was a little nervous at first but soon felt at ease these guys are great teachers and I thoroughly enjoyed it... Will be recommending to friends ... Keep up the good work :-)

stamford
“Surfing Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff are very professional and knowledgeable. They were able to give me excellent advice and improved my surfing skills no end.

Visited October 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing day coasteering with Scarborough Surf School!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had such a great time coasteering with the Scarborough Surf School. We went for our daughters 12th birthday and she took some friends. The guys at Scarborough Surf School are so knowledgeable about the sea we learnt things as well as having a fantastic time.
Well worth a go

Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My children learnt to surf here - they absolutely loved it. Before they started I was a bit anxious about them being in the sea for that length of time. I thought that my daughter would be complaining after about half an hour but I had absolutely nothing to worry about! The wetsuits, boots and gloves etc. that they were provided with were really good quality and kept them warm all morning. The instructors were brilliant too - really good fun, well trained and most importantly they kept the kids safe. I spent my time reading and taking photographs on the beautiful beach away from the crowds of Scarborough. Thanks guys!!

Visited August 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Surf School - fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Really great place to go and learn to surf. The week long courses are ideal for beginners, the instructors are friendly and patient and the equipment is excellent.
For anyone wanting to have a go or get some help to improve, Cayton Bay is ideal - not too busy, not too scary and beautiful views as well.
Add this to the warm showers, easy parking and well-stocked shop, its the best place to go in the area.
Careful though - you might get the surfing bug...