“totally delicious enchilada” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“totally delicious enchilada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We caught up with Paula Zimmerman and Steve Whitehead at Nomad for lunch and had a totally delicious Mexican enchilada – spiced vegetables, rice and black beans wrapped in a flour tortilla, topped with cheese and baked in a rich tomato sauce, served with sour cream, crispy lettuce, salsa and guacamole. Christine had the vegan version. It’s one of the best dishes I’ve had at Nomad, and I’ve had quite a lot of top nosh there. The choc-peanut dessert was gorgeous too. Couldn't resist putting a smiley face on it before bellying it. It reminded me of the amazing food me and Paul Toole used to love of a Tuesday lunchtime at Peter Shaffer’s veg-Mex place in Victoria Road (now Gianni’s), one of the best places I’ve had the pleasure of troughing at in Scarborough. Fond memories.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Top Tucker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this gem of a cafe enough, it's a truely wonderful place, the food is amazing, and the hosts Jillanne & Owen are second to none and make you feel special...go and try for yourself, and trust me you won't be disappointed....

Visited March 2014
“Really tasty soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had the "totally locally" £5 lunch special...soup, tea or coffee, cake. The lentil, lemon and garlic soup was really tasty, complemented by a warm mini loaf and butter, Good choice of cake...can recommend the chocolate, peanut butter tart. There are plenty of items on the main menu to tempt including many veggie/vegan/gluten free choices to please those who struggle to find same in Scarborough.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Little Café”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Make no mistakes this is an excellent little café. The décor might be a bit eclectic but the food and service were of a superior standard. My wife and I both had the Brazilian Feijoada special which was spectacularly tasty. I can highly recommend a visit and we will be returning on our next trip to Scarborough.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“I wish I could eat here everyday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nomad's cafe is such a gem of a cafe in scarborough. The food and service is second to none. I go regularly with my girlfriend and we've yet to be dissapointed. Gourmet quality food for cafe prices in a lovely environment :)

Visited January 2014