“Refreshing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boddy's of Bar Street Cafe

Boddy's of Bar Street Cafe
19-25 Bar Street, Scarborough YO11 2HT, England (Formerly Boddy's Cafe)
+44 1723 353754
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 308 Restaurants in Scarborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Boddy's Cafe in the heart of Scarborough on Bar Street in the pedestrian area. The cafe has been open since 1984 but the Boddy Family have been catering since 1962 just celebrating 50 years in the business.Boddys uses only local suppliers for all there food and everything bar bread and teacakes are made on the premises which we think is quite rare these days.We pride ourselves on our fast efficient and friendly service.Why not come and sample some of our home made food and cakes all served in great surroundings.
Driffield, United Kingdom
“Refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a refreshing experience to visit a cafeteria which serves good food and has extremely efficient staff. My wife and I walked in to the cafe at approx 12.30 pm Friday 19 Oct. There was a queue at the counter and most of the tables were full. My wife went to bag a table and I joined the end of the queue. It was not long before I was being served and as soon as my food order was taken the assistant said that she would pass this straight to the kitchen, which she did. She immediately came back and took my order for tea/coffee. I paid the bill and took the drinks to the table and within a couple of minutes the food was brought to the table. I noticed that the tables were being cleared and wiped very quickly and all the staff seemed to be working very well as a team. Excellent efficiency. Well done to the staff.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe in the heart of Scarborough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This cafe is an absolute must on a visit to Scarborough. Lovely food, well presented and delicious with charming efficient staff in a spotlessly clean environment. We visited twice, you must try the lemon meringue pie!

• Visited September 2012