“Granddaughters birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Granddaughters birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the first time I have been in this establishment and I can honestly say they made us all feel welcome and the hospitality was first class and the food was second to none it was a special day for us because it was my granddaughters birthday it was well worth the long journey back home afterwards thank you .

North-Yorkshire
“Great all year round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ok so im reading through the reviews for The Poacher Barn Scarborough, and i see some good reviews but a lot of bad...Why?? i have eaten here many a time. The most recent was on Wednesday 16th September, and i found the food to be just as good and tasty as ever. I went along with 2 other friends and they both wanted something slightly different to what the menu said. Like for instance one wanted a cheese toasty was not on the menu but converted a cheese sandwich to a toasty 'simple' also my other friend wanted the chicken burger without the bread 'simple' and done. The steaks done to perfection the way you want them, The curry's are AMAZING Try the Scorcher blow your head off and the Landlord will buy you a drink if consumed in full. Salads, Chips, Onion Ring, Meats and cheeses are all freshly done to order so so good, and dont get me started on the puddings the best Ice-Cream, Chocolate cake, Crumbles and tea and coffee. I would recommend The Poachers Barn to any visitor to Scarborough. Staff are friendly iv had no problems with staff at all, they will cater for your every need. We have also visited on a Sunday Evening and the Sunday Night Quiz was on great fun cash prizes and prizes to be won. Kid friendly, Pool room comfortable and cosey ..Stop complaining about this place and get a grip ;)

“All rounder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing, definitely got my money worth! Wasn't long between ordering my food to when it arrived at my table! The staff where friendly and welcoming from when I first walked into the pub! I came away from the pub feeling full will definitely going back there again! :)

Yorkshire
“Good food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to the Poachers barn on Saturday 8 August with friends, two of us ordered gammon on the special offer price two for £10, the gammon was huge it came with pineapple, fried egg, chips and peas. The other two ordered lasagne and a burger, we had a bottle of wine and four pints, the bill was just short of £50 with one of us having a pudding (apple pie & custard, the custard came in a lovely little jug). The atmosphere was relaxed and busy, we had to wait for a table but were seated within 20 minutes.

We have been here on a few occasions and cannot fault the service, atmosphere or food, most of the waiters/waitresses are very young and I must compliment them on their friendly efficient service. Give it a try,

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“best curry in scarborough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

special meal offers each day of the week. Wednesday is curry night, best in scarborough, at fraction of cost of other restaurants. Gareth, the floor manager is very professional, and attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere