“VERY POOR FOOD” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Recently opened new restaurant
Blackpool
“VERY POOR FOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

on a weekend trip to scarborough with friends. went to miaz on friday night, restaurant itself very nice but the waiter we had was a bit unfriendly to say the least . lager he brought was lifeless and went flat very quick.Beware of chicken puree,, which is chicken chaat, it was half prawn,, if you are allergic to prawn ,, like me, then it is not for you, other starters ok, main course, i had south indian garlic, which was tasteless, no garlic of any kind,really very bland, all 4 of us found their food tasteless, what is the point of having nice crockery if food poor, most off the maincourse was left, a big disappointment, we just paid our bill and left , not even a goodbye.
Just have to say as we found, not impressed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Yorkshire
“Really Enjoyed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After going to see The Happy Monday we decided to go for an Indian, and this was the first one we came to we got the set menu the one that starts at 10: o clock we did have to ask for it and I do think they were a bit reluctant that we did not order off the normal menu and I can see why, it is excellent value for money we had loads and we left without us having dessert which was also included in the price It was one of the nicest Indians I have had in along time (apart from when I was in Goa), and would go again when in Scarborough

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A tsunami of oil”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having had a little spare time to browse the various Asian Restaurants of central Scarborough on Easter Friday we decided on Miaz. The prices looked good but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for"

The starters were very very poor, for instance my choice of Anarkoli Chicken was missing several ingredients but made up for this by providing me with an unbelievably large coating of oil over the dish. I don't like to make a fuss so decided to let it pass & made the best of the dish whilst looking forward to our choice of main courses.

We had decided on a Miaz house special, basically a sizzling dish comprising of chicken, lamb, prawns, onions & more oil than Zero Piper Alfa had ever mined. My Wife's Chicken Jalfrazzi was once again another dish completely ruined by a crazy amount of oil.

This all got too much & we pretty much picked at the meal for a while trying to salvage what we could from the puddles of grease.

As mentioned I don't like to make a fuss but as the manager came to enquire as to how the meal was? I decided to tell him. Unfortunately his idea of dealing with my complaint was to chuckle a little whilst telling me the Chef must be over run & was being a little heavy handed. The "little heavy handed" statement was very patronizing. No apology or offer to make amends in any way shape or form was offered.

We were so annoyed we just paid the bill & left. Also watch out for the trick of charging you for the un-ordered pickle tray that comes as standard at most of the restaurants we use.

The one good thing to come from the experience was that I thought I would make my first ever Trip Advisor review.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Bland takeaway but pleasant onion bhajis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ordered takeaway, and it was mostly poor, with almost totally milk Butter chicken and a chewy chicken rogan josh. A shame really, it actually looks lovely inside, and very polite staff, and good prices and efficient service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Recent visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Popped in when passing on bank holiday Monday, there were a few diners, however, wasn't busy. Curry was ok, not the tastiest but ok; service was ok between waiters reading the paper. Bill was cheap- 2 starters, 2 curry's, 1 rice, man and a bottle of wine for £43.00 which we thought very reasonable. Won't be returning, def a one off.

• Visited April 2013