“No pork again” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
portsmouth
“No pork again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Like so many Thai restaurants these days that are not owned and run by Thais Pork does not appear on the menu which I find annoying(my review of Lemongrass in Petersfield) as Pork appears in many many thai meals and dishes. That aside the service was very good, the atmosphere was OK, the restaurant was quite empty. The food as I have mentioned was slightly on the disappointing side as far as choice of meat was concerned, but what we had was tasty enough.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
durham
“another enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Visited the restaurant again and tried the Thai food. Again it was very enjoyable. They had an excellent value for money Christmas deal on a set menu but we stuck to the main menu. Had a decent bottle of house red wine and a very enjoyable meal for the two of us. Excellent ambience and very good staff we will revisit and try the Indian menu.

Visited December 2012
crofton nr wakefield w.yorks
“Hassle free good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed for the weekend in Scarbrough and decided to try Saba for something a little different as it looked good in the day light when perusing our options for the evening.
I was a little hesitant to try as been both Indian and Thai but the wife twisted my arm. No need to twist it next time I can tell you.
We were not disappointed. Pleasant reception by the well dressed waiters who were polite throughout our time here.
The food was was not disappointing either. We both went Thai but other diners were as impressed with their choice of Indian cuisine also.
A good selection of both foods and our choices did nit let us down. We both enjoyed the food, atmosphere and the decor and will definately be back.
Very reasonably priced. Worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough, England
“Always excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is one of Scarboroughs most upmarket restaurants. There is always a nice welcome and Baboo the owner, is most particular about attention to detail. If there is ever anything which is not to your satisfaction ask to see him and I am sure he will do his utmost to assist. The Thai food is always my option as I enjoy the cuisine so much. Try the massaman beef curry with coconut rice. I like it with plenty of sauce and not too spicy, so don`t forget to ask for how you would like it serving. I suppose the same with any of the dishes. Thai food can be very spicy and what to Thai people is very mild, to us westerners is very hot. Very pleasant experience in delightful surroundings. Wouldn`t hesitate to recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, United Kingdom
“Best Indian meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went to the Indian section of Saba (upstairs) after it having been recommended to us by the hotel we were staying at, and were certainly not disappointed. The decor was modern and set a lovely atmosphere for us. The service was excellent with very attentive waiters to drinks and orders etc, with drinks prices being reasonable and choice varied enough. The food came quickly, with the peshwari naan clearly being fresh out of the oven (was lovely and doughy unlike the thin dry reheated ones you often find), and the vegetable pilau had lots of chunky vegetables which you also don't generally find, so was pleased! Our main courses were to die for, with plenty to go around. My only wish is that I could have managed to eat more, will definitely be returning and would recommend to anyone!

• Visited September 2012