“5* Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Leeds
“5* Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We've been numerous times to The Watermark now - and always for the breakfast.Well it's usually around 11.30am but that's breakfast for us.

This isn't your standard breakfast, all the ingredients are locally sourced and of a fantastic quality. For the first time I ventured for the double breakfast - unfortunately it defeated me but for an extra £1.50 its value is superb.

I asked for poached eggs with my breakfast and they were served to perfection which was rather surprising for such a busy, thriving place.

In the winter there is a heated marquee around the back, and further seating for smokers on the patio.

We look forward to our next visit.

• Visited October 2012

Bradford UK
“One of the best places I've been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stunning views lovely food and great ambiance. A jewel on the coast totally unexpected stunning food and superb cakes will defiantly try again

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“....But it does have a nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love sitting looking over the sea, and The Watermark cafe does have a large outside seating area and the sea is just over the other side of the road, very nice on a sunny day. The staff are a cheery lot which is a pleasure.

To me one of the indicators of a good eatery is the state of the toilets, the conveniences in the watermark are dire. The toilet I used was dirty with a wet floor littered with toilet tissue, the limescale covered tap swung around in it's fixing on the grubby basin. This was not the mess you get from one days use.

If I had been on my own I would have cancelled my order at that point, but as I had come with friends and the sun was warm we stayed.

Mistake! The food took a while to arrive, which was ok, they were run off their feet.
My BLT looked good on the plate, I opened it up ( I always look inside a sandwich before I eat it) only to find a piece of rotten tomato, yuk.

I took it back inside and they said they would sort out the problem and bring it out to me.

They did, the rotten tomato was removed and new slices put in.
Silly me, I expected at least the whole thing would be replaced, the idea that this rotten tomato had been languishing on the lettuce still in my BLT made me slightly queasy, plus, by now the bacon was nicley cold and hard.
No I didn't eat it. and we haven't been back scince.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Just the Worlds Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been coming here for over three years and I can honestly say, i haven't had anything but a fantastic experience and fantastic food.

Service is fast, friendly and effiecient.

Food is superb, truly superb and the price is very very good.

You must go- and go again and again!!

• Visited November 2011
Scarborough,
“Sod getting the kids to bed early on a sunday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Why put the kids in the bath and get them to bed early on a Sunday, to be fresh and ready for school on Monday, when they can experience top, live, swinging entertainment, on the doorstep, on a Sunday afternoon. We were blown away, not by the North Sea breeze, but by the stunning vocals of Rich Adams doing the Great American Songbook. wow! Scarborough is lucky to have such a talented man with a golden voice to brighten up our winters evenings. Staff at watermark are fantastic. Very child friendly, with play equipment and lots of marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012