“Tasty food in a gastro-bistro cafe” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 304 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily provided by the amazing Cake Lady Sue. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads And Please be aware that Our kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Tasty food in a gastro-bistro cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Visited this cafe several times now !!

They do amazing food at a reasonable price.

Bistro style takes on cafe classics and their specials are always soo tempting

I can thoroughly recommend the tin plate Thai green curry it's lovely mmmmm !

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hi Charlotte C
So glad you like what we are doing, and for a lovely review, keep enjoying the Thai Green Curry Tin Plate its very popular and just like Thailand!

Hackness, United Kingdom
“A Lovely lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I went with a friend to the Eat me Café for lunch and we loved it. The food was superb and the waitress who served us was very friendly and polite. We ate different things but we both thought that it was a big portion for the price we paid.
After we finished our meal we talked with the short waitress and she was very nice and lovely. The service was good and professional.
I seriously recommend this Café and I will be back soon.

• Visited May 2014
marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hi Pips30Morais
Thank you so so much for your truly fabulous comments, we are here to serve our lovely food with a smile and try to make your day that little biut more special, you clearly got that from your visit and we love that you would recommend us and return.
Hope to see you soon.
Co-Owner
Eat Me Cafe
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“E*t me! It's good there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

For me the best place in scarb. Only recently signed up for tripadvisor so was surprised to see this as no 21. Can't see another 20 places being better than this but I will visit a few to see. Anyways the portion sizes are considerable in here so not sure what people are saying in other reviews. The coffee is the best in scarb too (yet to find a truly decent coffee shop). Food and service good. You gotta be there for 11:30 to secure a table. Great place to go. Been with missus and my lad prob 5-6 times and always good. In my view it's good value as you are always totally full. Other cafés fall down by maybe being £1.50-£2 cheaper but you end up with a panini and sad looking salad. Only suggestion is uniform as it would create a more professional vibe . If this place was in Mayfair or Chelsea I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Visited April 2014
Hello Lawrence C
We can only but say a massive thank you for your brilliant review, pleased that we are your best place in Scarborough, we are truly flattered that you could place us in either Chelsea or Mayfair, that makes us smile so so much. Again thank you.
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
“great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wonderful fresh local ingredients, artisan bread and great coffee. Service was warm and genuinely friendly. Ambience great and quirky. The best breakfast in Scarbrough by a long way and only £6.
Can't wait to try it in the evening.

• Visited April 2014
Hello JimSharpe47
Thank you for your very kind words, we are happy that you find us the best breakfast in Scarborough with our offerings.
Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
“Fantastic fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Firstly let me start by saying that people should ignore the negative reviews on here about eat me, I've lived in Scarborough all my life but until recently had not been to sample eat me although my fiancé had been before and said it was a hidden gem so we decided while trawling the shops in town with our 6 year old son to go for our dinner at eat me, we arrived a little after 11am and were shown to our table by a very pleasant young lady who returned to take our order very promptly. We ordered 3 bacon burgers as my fiancé said that they were really really good, me and my son were not disappointed, the food was the best I've had in Scarborough for a long long time, beautiful homemade burgers in a lovely ciabatta bread roll, and the fries were amazing and loved the way it was all presented in a wooden box and the chips in a bag which is a great idea, home slaw was great too, all in all a wonderful meal.

I'm also shocked that some of the negative comments on here bang on about the price of the food, £6.50 for the bacon burger and the portions are large, I would have been happy to pay around £10 for the burgers as they were that good

Suppose you can't please some small minded people though, can't wait to come back and try something different.

Keep up the good work eat me!!!

• Visited April 2014
Hi Scott C
Thank you for a fabulous review, we are pleased that your first visit, although not your fiance's, was something to make you want to shout it out loud to the tripadvisor community. We do pride ourselves not only on our food and our service but on our differences, and we are ready for you to come back and try something new from our menu.
Keeping up the good work!