“Excellent, a must go” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Sandwiches, British, Tea Room, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Take a step back in time. . . Francis Tea Rooms is set in an original 1930's hairdressing salon, complete with wood-pannelled booths. It has an unique atmosphere with hand embroidered tablecloths and Art Deco vases. We serve Taylors coffee and a variety of their loose teas in vintage china. A varied menu of brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas is available as well as a large selection of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones. Our specialities are Homemade Soups, Welsh Rarebits, Quiches and Traditional Afternoon Teas. Our own recipe scones, lemon meringue pie and fresh fruit almond cakes earned us a place in The Guardians Top Ten Budget Eats - Yorkshire Coast 2010.
“Excellent, a must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we arrived we were welcomed by friendly staff :-) the menu was simple and full of choice , we had afternoon tea and the food was delicious, the setting was nice and we loved the china tea cups and different ranges of tea, they also were selling cakes, tarts and jams to take away all at reasonable prices, definitely would go again and would recommend anyone of any age to go x

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Excellent food at a reasonable price; attentve staff; intimate surroundings full of character - what more could you want (except wine!!). I had never heard of Francis tea-rooms, though I should have. A lovely lunch and ideal setting for a reunion with old friends. Lovely mozzerella, tomato and pesto tart with a range of salads and endless coffee at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Now that's what I call an afternoon tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

With a few hours to kill whilst my boys were at the Cinema, my Mum and I decided to visit this adorable tea room. We have heard of it, but up until recently had no idea where it was. For anyone who has not paid this Cafe a visit, it is a must do.

We were greeted by really friendly staff, who told us to chose where we would like to sit. We were in a booth on our own, where a different member of staff popped into say hello, whilst bringing us the specials board. The food on the board and on the menu, all sounded Devine, quiches, tarts, Camembert, ploughman's lunch to name a few. But we decided on the Afternoon Tea and what a wonderful choice it was, 2 tiers of lovely fresh sandwiches and the top tier packed with homemade cakes, cream scones, fresh Strawberries etc. we couldn't eat all the food, so the Gentleman packed it up for us too take home. The filter coffee is unlimited, I had coke as I am not a fan of tea, but the nice Gentleman brought me some different teas to smell and said the next time I am in I can try them on the house, what a nice offer.

If you wish to book a booth, you can phone in advance to ensure you can get a table.

There was nothing to fault this cafe on, we met 3 members of staff, 2 waiting on and a lovely lady, who I assume worked in the Kitchen. You could tell they were all passionate about the cafe.

We can't wait to return.

Visited May 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Awesome afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just visited again after a long absence, with my daughter. She is 20 and had never seen loose leaf tea and a tea strainer before! she asked me if she should scoop the leaves out with the strainer, but soon worked it out!

Lovely quaint cafe, friendly staff and awesome afternoon tea which at £6.50 per person was a steal. Go visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Friendly, tasty, adorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

These tea rooms are very cute and in such a quiet, well hidden part of Scarborough. I love the old music playing, the record player, and the outfits that the staff wear, it has such a great vibe. You get a lot of food for your money, however it wasn't too great. I ordered the afternoon tea and the cakes on top were quite stale as was the bread on the sandwiches. I also got coffee which was listed as unlimited but the waiter only came to our table once during our time there so I only had the one cup, which also tasted old and not very impressive and it wasn't even busy when we were there. The decor is great even though it was a little dark, the staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was great, unfortunately the food wasn't anything special.

• Visited March 2013