“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 268 Restaurants in Scarborough
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

its a fantastic dining experience all round, great food , cheap, friendly staff and diners a like.. thoroughly worth it's Salt & not pretentious .
the negative reviews on here must only mean, that .."the whole and very one-sided story must be told on trip-advisor ..... immediately"!!..... these type of folk who bash restaurants should just say in!

I've been many times and its a cool little restaurant for cool people, and if for any reason I don't like a restaurant, I just..don't go back, as a normal rational person would do... but not write the tripe that's on here!!

All you negative Nancy's get a life!!

go.. its good!!

• Visited November 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Exquisite,well priced food, homely & efficient service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We booked a table at jeremy's last summer on our long weekend in the quaint little town of scarborough. We delightfully discovered it was only a few mins walk from the Sand's hotel where we were staying. On arrival we were politely offered a drink at the bar by the charming Anne who then showed us to our table. Both my starter and main course were delicious (the pork belly!) and mouth wateringly presented - all the time with a view of jeremy working away in the kitchen. The atmosphere was relaxing yet sociable, with a real welcoming family & local feel to it.
The food was appropriately priced and I left feeling a little too big for my jeans!
Living in London myself, I eat out often at various resteraunts and can say that this is one of the best I have been to, without the sometimes annoyng addition of the hustle and bustle of busy City resteraunts.
On skimming through some of the other comments, in reference to 'poor food and ignorant staff' I just cannot see how anyone could describe the food as 'poor.'..!!!!
This to me is food blasphemy!!!!
For me, it was far and beyond expectation, the pork was perfectly cooked..tender with a delicious sauce & again, the service was pleasant, efficient and friendly, Anne checking on us every so often, engaging in conversation occasionally ( I do like a chat!)...I also left more than a little tipsy from the couple of bottles of tasty red ordered, where we contentedly walked back to the hotel by the beach . What a fantastic evening to our long romantic weekend! Will most certainly will be recommending this to friends of ours who visit the town.

• Visited August 2010
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

in august of 2010 i took my girlfriend to jeremys for her birthday, i'd heard that jeremy had worked in a london restaurant so iwas a bit unsure wether i would like the sort of food, me been a egg and chips man , how wrong could i be,the food was out of this world,we were made very welcome by anne at the front of the restaurant, i ordered squid for starter, it must be without a doubt the nicest thing i've ever tasted, we then had lamb for the main meal which was excellent,when it got to the sweet stage my partner chose a pudding,me not having a sweet tooth, asked would it be possible to have another portion of squid, anne found this abit odd but replied,with you 2 been the last ones in and we're closing soon jeremy has turned all the ovens off but i will ask,jeremy came over himself and thanked me for the compliments about the squid and said it would be no trouble to fire the ovens back up, tell me what other restaurant would do that,all in all i don't think i could give this restaurant one bad comment 10/10 for me

• Visited August 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“A spectacular evening, amazing food and excellent front of house. Will be coming back soon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have to say, I had heard astonishing reports about Jeremy's, therefore the expectation was especially high. I can honestly say however, it was wonderful. The food was brilliant, the ambiance was perfect, relaxing, calm and comfortable and finally the staff were great, with their friendly, helpful and exceedingly delightful approach. Will definitely be back soon. Thank you.

• Visited January 2011
Yorkshire
“Incredible food, on a parr with The Ivy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I was gob smacked by the food I ate here. I had been desperate to go, but couldn't afford it, and then work decided to have a 'do' for us here. More often than not larger parties are fobbed off with middle of the road food in restaurants. Not at Jeremy's. I am a veggie and never have high expectations in places which don't specialize in that kind of food but what I ate at Jeremy's was as good as anything I've had at The Ivy, The Wolesey, The Square, Sir Charles Napier... It makes me happy to have moved back up North! In spite of the prices (which although high end are very reasonable for the incredible quality) my initial dining experience has led me to book for me and my sister next Saturday as a treat to thank her for something and a great excuse for me to return! Highly recommended, fresh food, prepared with innovation and love!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere