“Coped really well with a big party” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 304 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
“Coped really well with a big party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

25 of us ate there - always a nightmare for staff, but they managed things brilliantly. Service was friendly and efficient. food was reasonably priced and everyone enjoyed their meals. Can recommend for a party booking

Carlton
“Food good but unconfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We went to Tandoori on Saturday the 10th May and were taken to our table straight away. We were offered drinks and the atmosphere was very good.

I was very comfy until one of the staff decided that it was too warm and opened the front doors!! After that I was uncomfy. Saturday evening was windy and cold so why the main doors were opened I will never know. We have been there before and that time the side door was opened and I had to ask for it closing.

The food was good but because I was cold I didn’t enjoy the experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Put off Indian Food for life now”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Possibly the worse dining experience of our life. Beautiful gentle Indian music was changed to very loud and aggressive music. The sort of music you hear when watching a thriller movie! I asked the waiter if they could perhaps play somethign more restful or at least turn it down and he just looked at me quite bemused.
the waiter kept coming over and rearranging the items on the very tiny table. We are both right handed but on 4 occassions, for no apparent reason, he came and lined everything up on the left of the table in admittedly a neat line.
I ordered the chicken balti with rice and naan bread. the chicken was extremely dry and chewy and the rice was even drier. the best [part of the meal was the Naan bread.
When a large party of extremely loud and drunk women arrived, the answer was to turn the music up louder. it was impossible for my husband and I, away for a quiet weekend togetehr, to have any semblance of conversation so we asked for the bill. We asked again 10 minutes later. 5 minutes later we stood up and put our coats on and they staff scurried over. We repeated that we wanted to pay and go. Yes yes yes, you have to wait we were told.
yes we did! But we don't have to go back and hope to warns others to give this place a wide berth, Could not have been a more different experience to the previous night when we dinesd at Saba which also offers Indian food.

Visited May 2014
“The children loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We dropped in because we were in the area, it was very busy and we liked the look of the menu. The food was excellent as was the service and they were very good at explaining dishes to the children and very patient with lots of questions. The restaurant had a nice look and a clean modern feel. Very good and we would definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have been here a few times when I'm in scarborough visiting family, i wouldn't miss the chance to visit this restaurant while I'm in the area!!!!
Lovely lovely food here from everything to starters, mains and sides!
The special Handi dishes they do are lovely, lamb Handi amazing!!!
Always very very busy here!
Highly recommend, I wouldn't miss it!!
All very reasonably priced as well!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere