“The children loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 303 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
“The children loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We dropped in because we were in the area, it was very busy and we liked the look of the menu. The food was excellent as was the service and they were very good at explaining dishes to the children and very patient with lots of questions. The restaurant had a nice look and a clean modern feel. Very good and we would definitely recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have been here a few times when I'm in scarborough visiting family, i wouldn't miss the chance to visit this restaurant while I'm in the area!!!!
Lovely lovely food here from everything to starters, mains and sides!
The special Handi dishes they do are lovely, lamb Handi amazing!!!
Always very very busy here!
Highly recommend, I wouldn't miss it!!
All very reasonably priced as well!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice restaurant and lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Called in out of the blue after a day of sightseeing and shopping in Scarborough town centre. We arrived at 6.15 on a Saturday evening and we were the first customers through the door. I had rang ahead to check that there was a table available after seeing it recommended on Trip Advisor on the way back to out hotel.
The welcome was warm and friendly and we relaxed for 10 minutes having a drink whilst we decided what to order. My girlfriend was especially pleased as they served her favourite lager Carslberg on draft which is rare in Indian restaurants.
In summary the food was lovely, well cooked and piping hot. We are not experts on Indan food so chose our usual Korma which was delicious. I had a different kind of Korma but can't remember its name from the menu however it was also delicious and worth trying.
Price was competitive at £32.00 including drinks and the usual extras (naan bread etc). Well worth a visit if you are staying in Scarborough for the weekend. I don;t think you will be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
gateshead
“Lovely. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This tandoori is a must visit. The food is very nice indeed and cooked to perfection.
Our last visit was on 3/4/14 and it was as nice as ever.
Recommend eating here.
Thank you.

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Bit cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went here on a Sunday night, we had previously came here a few years ago and the food was lovely, place seemed to have had a refit since then. We got there about 8pm, there were a few people in, but the place seemed cold, and I was sitting next to a radiator. We had the poppodoms and pickle tray which was nice, I had the chicken tikka rogan and my husband was cagoaled into trying the Handi chicken (which was £1 more). Mains didn't take too long, the naan bread was nice but suprisingly small. I found my main to be very salty, but my husbands dish was nice, and not quite as salty. Bill came to just under £38 and that was just with 1 beer and a diet coke. Baileys on ice and after eight mint were a nice touch.

• Visited March 2014