“Perfect Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments

and 1 more site!
You added The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments
South Cliff, Scarborough YO11 2QA, England   |
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I wrote a review for the Villa Esplanade last year I would just like to update my review. I have just spent four days there and as before it was perfect. Excellent value for money really nice room with full kitchen and very modern bathroom and toilet. The proprietor could not help us enough when we arrived and nobody bothered us at all during our stay we even booked an extra night at a very reasonable rate. All I can say about The Villa Esplanade is twice we have been just for a chill out break and twice we have been looked after and chilled out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend. What fantastic value for money , great location sea views and really friendly staff who helped me organise our days out and recommended places to eat.

Great Mexican restaurant
Delicious food and fab cocktails

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Terrible
Had to pay £15 for electric but only used £2.30 in 3 days! Not refunded as promised
They put us in a room right over the rabble of a party which kept the baby up till 2am
My parents came and were put in a fridge room in the attic space
I paid for a 2 bedded apartment but got a shoe box room which just fit in the travel cot I brought and our double bed was in the living room
Lovely sea view though

• Stayed December 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Arrived and got told I could not use the car park despite paying in advance a week earlier to stay at the hotel. The guy who greeted us was extremely rude towards both me and my wife because we live in Hull (apparently we can't count to 6 in Hull).
The room was absolutely freezing and we were put in an apartment because they had over booked. The apartment was in the roof space, and one of the hatches was loose (the screw had been removed) so we had a draft from that the whole time. For the whole night we had 2 pathetic electric heaters to heat the whole place up. There were cooking utensils there, but as we had booked for a night we had no desire to cook anything and the kitchen was that cold, I turned the fridge off as the milk I did buy would be colder outside the fridge than in it.
The whole place smelled fusty and was not cleaned before we were given the key by the look of it.
The hot water was just about warm enough to wash the pots in, but the pressure was so horrendous that the shower was no use at all and I just about managed to use it, on top of that, no heating in the place meant that you were freezing during the whole process. The sink tap (cold) span round when you went to turn it on, and this also stopped the cistern filling if you had flushed the loo.
The best thing about the whole place was the TV as it was a modern one. Oh and don't use too much electric as the whole place seems to have individual meters, and if you run out after reception closes it's tough luck till the next day.
If this place applied to be on 4 in a bed I doubt they would be allowed onto the show, and if they did manage to get on it I would blame the other contestants for refusing to stay there overnight.

Room Tip: Avoid the whole place
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Paid for a 2 night stay in these apartments the room was lovely with all mod cons only downside was that it was very very cold it was that cold we upped and left after one night . The passage way stank which puts you off straight away .i will not be returning !!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I staid over there with my partner just for one night, we got excellent value for money and offered an upgrade for an amazing price which we took! The views are amazing if you get the good rooms and I would definitely return to this hotel if ever staying overnight in Scarborough again.

• Stayed February 2014
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed in an apartment with a Sea View for a week and found it a was nice, clean and cosy well equipped apartment. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Lovely stay shame about the weather. We would use the apartments again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!