and 1 more site!
You added The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments to your Saves list
The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments
South Cliff, Scarborough YO11 2QA, England   |
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Apart from the great view from the window, the apartment was gross. It was so musty, one could taste it. There was only a bath no shower, but the water never ran hot enough to take a bath. The electric meter was exposed, safety hazard if there were small children. Black mould covered both sash windows and the smell from the Mexican Restaurant next door was overpowering. Plaster was peeling off the walls, and the kitchen floor felt that unstable, I thought I would go through it. Would not recommend it and we left after two nights instead of three. Parking is an issue, they charged £38 per week, but if you are out all day and only parking at night it is a lot of money. Even in high season we found parking across the road for free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
lytham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

On first arrival it's looks very rundown pe needs a good lick of paint and a good tidy of the garden would make a much better first impression it would bot take long to give it some Pavement appeal . Then when you check it's very good friendly staff and the room was very PLEASENT good quality bedding and furnishings good kitchen and bathroom . And 100 percent spotless and clean top marks . So please just tidy the outside up and then it will be as good as the inside overall a great place too stay and location is great.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After deciding on a last minute getaway we stayed here at the Villa Esplanade... weather was fantastic and the views from the room was also great room 5. Large apartment was meant to be superior but the only thing that was superior was the curtains.
On arrival it look very scruffy in comparrison with the other buildings around the area. Would benefit a paint transformation on the outside for sure. We didnt pay for the parking as you can park on the street outside for two hours disc parking and ok after 6pm.
Booking is was very easy.. none just a envelope in the porch with our name on! Receptionists day off is a Thursday during our stay we never saw a member of staff at all!
Apartment was of a good size, well equipt kitchen, bathroom and there was plenty of towels. Two bedrooms of good size the main bedroom was like a lounge also with seating area and tv. Do have to pay for your electric but as we arrived on their day off there was credit already installed but only used a pound if that.
Location was excellent lovely walk to the beach front and great for the centre only ten mins walk.
Although it was tired and could do with a refurb and a good clean we probably stay again as the price is great for a getaway.
Taxi driver recommended the mexican restaurant down stairs but we never used it in our stay.. the steak is meant to be very good!

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had only book a standard en-suit double room for the night. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by wonderful staff who told us we have been upgraded for free to a 1 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen/diner with sea views from all rooms but kitchen. We couldn't fault the hotel at all. check out time is 10 am although if you wish to stay in scarborough for the day they will keep hold of your bags until 5pm so you dont have to trail them about. can't wait for my next stay soon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, it was great, there was a kitchen. The bed was comfy, and I enjoyed sleeping in it. I also enjoyed the view. It was really easy to collect the key and stuff although the receptionist kind of scared me.

We had trouble with the lock on our door, and I tried to call the number on the reception window and no one answered, however someone else soon came to the rescue, thanks guy!

The shower was kind of crap, it wasn't very powerful and it basically didn't stay hot or cold, however there was also the option of a bath which we utilised to the max.

I would definitely stay here again, I really enjoyed it, I really miss it now that I'm at home. Maybe I'll go back sometime soon, it had a really nice view of the sea when I woke up and now the more I think of it the more sad I am getting.

Room Tip: 29 was the best room, although it was also the only room I tried.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here Friday night after calling and making a booking earlier in the week. I was really impressed with the room (Room 36) and the facilities in the room. Would definitely stay here again, clean and a good location. Collecting the keys from the restaurant next door was easy and hassle free.

My only niggles were:
- On booking we were told towels would be left in the room, they weren't so at 9pm I was driving round Scarborough trying to find a supermarket to buy towels which cost £20.
- We were quoted £50 on the phone, my debit card tells me I have been charged £60 by the hotel
- When trying to contact the out of hours contact number over the towels both text and call were not responded to.

Regardless of these issues I would stay again as at £50 (if correct price) this is very good value. The hotel has a small car park however there is a public car park right next door that is free between 5/6pm and 9am so we used this.

Had I not encountered the problems above it'd be a 5/5.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 21 which was great. Nice sea view, updated bathroom and fluffy white towels. On the downside, the bed was the squeakiest bed I've ever slept on and the blinds in the room didn't darken the room at all. That said, it was a value for money stay in the location we wanted. There was a strange smell near reception which I suspect was from the Mexican. The staff were friendly too.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Villa Esplanade Self Catering Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!