“Not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here whilst visiting family members and for 20 something quid a night I wasn't expecting a five star hotel just somewhere comfy and clean to sleep. Our room was ok, what I would expect for the price basic but clean and on the plus side with a lot of space (we had a family room) and a very nice sea view. Pillows were a little thin but the bed was fairly comfy and we had plenty of towels and an extra electric heater. The travel cot provided was also clean. We slept well on the first night and were pleased with our choice of accommodation. However when we woke up the next morning I placed my one year old son on the pull out bed to play and he dropped a toy in the gap between the bed and the window. I looked over to get the toy and found an OPEN HALF DRUNK CAN OF STELLA!!! How can the cleaner have missed this? It's a pull out bed so surely it must have to have been pulled out to put a clean sheet on or hoover underneath!! When I told reception about this the receptionist apologised and asked if we wanted to switch rooms which we declined as the rest of the room was fine. Although she was very helpful and apologetic I don't know how this can have been missed by the cleaner if they are doing their job properly. Really not impressed and despite all reception staff being helpful and polite and the location being good I wouldn't stay here again as I don't know what I'll find in my room.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have just stayed at this Travelodge for two days wednesday til friday first night bed hard breakfast choice of oranges or grapefuit .toast butter /flora etc ok bed hard better sleeping on top of cover kept up til 3am with road works outside hotel breakfast no butter or flora asked assistant said no butter only flora no grapefruit bacon had ran out waited 10 mins for more bacon evening meal was easy enough sausage and mash with gravy and peas only people in restaurant potato made of smash rest ok we had apple pie with custard tasted like pie had just come out of freezer and was not very nice on menu its says can have as much custard as you like just ask assistant for more as there was no staff around how are you supposed to do that I know I only paid about £78 for two days but will not be returning terrible experience

Room Tip: try somewhere else first use only as last resort
Cumbria, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

A tired, run down embarrassment to the Travelodge chain. The exterior is grubby; the interior desperately in need of a makeover. Trying to be positive, excellent location. Parking almost impossible...

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Have stayed at the Scarborough Travelodge a few times over the last couple of years and it is in a great location. The rooms are basic but clean and are finefor an overnight stay. This travel lodge is ready for updating and beds and pillows definitely need replacing. Staff are friendly and on hand if you need extra towels, pillows etc.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a sea view.
High Peak
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Don't stay here! It's awful1 I'm not a serial complainer; I realise that this is no frills, budget accommodation. However, I think that a comfy bed, decent pillow and duvet are baseline expectations for a hotel. I truly have never slept in such a lumpy, hard squeaky bed! Additionally never seen such thin pillows! Just don't waste your money, pay another £20 quid and got to the Premier Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here with my husband and 2 young children in a family room for one night. There was only 1 working lift which was too small for our pushchair which wasn't great. Overall our experience was good but I was very disappointed with the breakfast we paid for. The hot food ran out quicker than it was being brought out which meant there was a huge queue. I was in the restaurant for 30 minutes before I was able to eat any hot food. By the time I got to the front of the queue the food had again all gone so I had to wait for more to be brought out. It's not worth the money and I would advise others not to bother with breakfast in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Skipton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had a bad experience in this lodge a year ago, but had to stay there last week
Bedrooms are a lot cleaner
Lift still not working
Broken mirror on stairs has been removed
However went to buy a meal from cafe bar , told credit card machine was not working only accepting cash , found twelve pound to pay for burger platter , it was so hard the rolls and burgers
Could have been used as sea defences ,

Room Tip: Ask for a front room , there are a lot of stairs to this lodge beware
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Scarborough St Nicholas Hotel? Share your experiences!