“wharncliffe hotel,More than just home from home!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wharncliffe Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Wharncliffe Hotel to your Saves list
Wharncliffe Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   26 Blenheim Terrace, Scarborough YO12 7HD, England   |
Ranked #36 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“wharncliffe hotel,More than just home from home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I think this is either are 3rd or 4th stay at this fantastic hotel. This is my second review for this amazing place.an i will keep writting reviews as wharncliffe hotel is the best!! We love it here,we would move in if they would let us!!Derek and ann are fantastic,there not just hosts there friends..Every think is fantastic,But the proof is in the pudding,just pick up the phone now and make that call you wont be disappointed............................

Room Tip: All rooms would be fantastic,But a seaview room would be amazing!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
glenrothes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

my wife and i have just returned from a weeks stay i have to say derick and ann were excellant hosts the room was great with a lovely view of the north bay the breakfast was very nice would defeninatly return

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Wharnclife Hotel, ( this last time being a spur of the moment thing) , and we were absolutely delighted to find it still under the same management. So much so, that when Derek asked us if we would like to see our room before officially booking in my husband and I both said no need too. This has got to be one of the cleanest and most welcoming small hotel / B&B's in the country. When you enter there is a small EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN well kept booking in area, and behind that a small EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN bar social room. On this same level there is a large lounge ah! yet again EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN. I know I keep saying exceptionally clean, but that was what first attracted us to the place after having looked at so many grotty places before we found this one 7 years ago. And yet here it was still under the same manageement and still with the fastidious cleaning routine that made us plump to stay there 7 years ago. So we knew without looking the bedrooms would be perfect. We stayed in a beautiful ensuite room over the top of the main lounge, it had the biggest bed I've ever seen in it, some sort of superking size, HUGE!!. also in the room was a dressing table and drawers, a wardrobe with a safe in it for your valuables, and best of all two beautiful new tub chairs and a table that you could just sit at and look out of your window at the surfers on the sea, you felt so close you could touch them. This is another advantage of the Wharncliffe, it is on a main road high up over looking north bay, so you get all the enjoyment of a sea view without the noise and smell of chips . It is just perfect. Your own coffee making facilities and tv etc, hairdrier.
The ensuite, well what can I say, so clean the sparkle of the taps hit you when you walk in, I'm not joking. Toilet , shower washhand basin, floor, you could have eaten off them all SO CLEAN. Bed linen crisp and fesh, and clean towels every day. I know I keep going on about it but I am obsessed with how clean a place is or if it's not up to scratch I'm not staying there, simple as. And I believe the majority of people out there are like me. You want somewhere EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN and Wharcliffe delivers every time.
Breakfasts, I don't know how Derek and Ann can make a profit there's so much choice, fresh fruits, yogurts, fruit juices, numerous cereals, jam toast, scrambled egg etc. and the biggest homecooked full english you'll get anywhere.They even make there own speciality sausages alsorts of delicious flavours. Honestly by the time you've had your breakfast you wouldn't need to eat again til supper. But don't take my word for it give the place a try yourself I promise you will not regret it.

Room Tip: All delightful
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I've just returned from a week's stay in this marvellous B&B in Scarborough, from the moment I walked inside the premises it made me feel like I was coming home as when I walked inside it made it feel as if I was coming home indeed as it had that feeling about it. The propreitors Derek and Ann went out of their way to help me the best way that they could and made my stay there a perfect one. The room had everything I wanted and I had a really nice view of the town and a slight glimpse of the South Bay and breakfast every morning was cooked to order and to absolute perfection as most of the food was used with local produce and apart from 2 daytrips that started exceptionally early in the morning, most of the mornings I ate my breakfast there my plate was empty most of the time as it was so delicious and cooked to a high standard.
Anyway I'd like to close this review by saying that I will stay at The Wharncliffe at some point in the future and with sincere thanks to Derek and Ann for having me for the week and here's to many more future stays at The Wharncliffe if I ever visit Scarborough again which hopefully more than likely I will.

Room Tip: If a peace and quiet stay is what you're after, The Wharncliffe is the place for you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This is the scond time me and my patner as stayed at the wharncliffe hotel,
Derek and ann made us feel very welcome.
It is very relaxing.The perfect place to unwind and relax and chill out!!
Rooms are fantastic very clean!!with tv and coffee facilities.
Wide variety on breckfasts very filling!We can see why they have won awards for them
Would recommend a stay here.
Aubrey and Danielle

Room Tip: Request seeviews and you cant go wrong.
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Excellent breakfast, good clean room, excellent views over North Bay and Castle, friendly helpful welcome.Been several times - will be back next year

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a lovely 4 day stay, very warm welcome from Derek and Anne, very clean room with beautiful views across the bay.The breakfast was superb (sausages lovely), very filling and presented very well. Very helpful hosts ,we would not hesitate to stay here again, well done and thanks derek and anne. Carol and Steve.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wharncliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!