Was going to the folk festival for a couple of days , and was pleasantly surprised to get a booking accepted here. The full board option seemed too good an offer to refuse. Now the staff were on the whole wonderful, and while the menus were more suited to the older acting clientele, it was still rather good.
My single room, was very comfortable and the view over the sea another unexpected bonus.
A couple of evenings spent at song sessions in the bar were suitably refreshed by at least one real ale on the hand pump.
Kippers for breakfast with a crested fish knife , priceless!
- Also Known As:
- Royal York And Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York Faulkner Hotel
- Royal York & Faulkner Hotel Sidmouth, Devon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Regency hotel enjoys an unrivaled position at the centre of Sidmouth’s elegant Esplanade, overlooking the sea and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. Owned and personally run by the Hook family, resident proprietors for three generations, the hotel has a long standing reputation for hospitality and service. The property, having undergone expensive though careful refurbishment, is beautifully appointed with all amenities, excellent facilities and a stunning new spa. ... more less